Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 4:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: J75player]
Finishing up my new ghillie suit and keep going back and forth on the head covering.
This is going to be used for turkey and bear hunting.
My last one had a good, and that is nice to be able to just flip it back
For the hike out without something else to carry.
But the separate peice of netting draped from a boonie hat I think might blend in more.
Give me some opinions/thoughts/ideas?

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
My preference is a boonie with a removeable 2x2 separate gille hood.

Maximum options, IMO. I'll try to get some pics this weekend if you're interested.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe remove a bit of clutter and redistribute the colors. You're trying to break up recognizable outlines, not trying out for a part as chewbacca (clutter).

To my eye you've created vertical and horizontal lines with the black strips. I'd ditch those and use a more neutral earth tone color and don't use such wide strips and use fewer of the strips. For a hat, sew a boonie onto a ball cap. The bill of the ball cap is good for holding a ghillie flap over the top of your optic when you wear the ball cap properly and when you wear it backwards for walking around the ghillie flap covers your neck preventing sunburn and keeping ticks/chiggers/mosquitos off your neck.

I didn't think of the above hat thing originally. Someone else here on barfcom did and it turned out to be a wicked good idea. So credits go to whomever here originally thought of it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Get rid of the dark colors
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed the dark color is just creating lines and drawing the eye right into you. Ditch those and you are looking pretty good for a base.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top