Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2012 1:32:27 PM EDT
I notice my MP9 has more movement when the hammer falls in dry fire vs. some other pistols I have, 1911, 5906.  I noticed the striker is big in this pistol.

I have the apex sear and a trigger stop, so it's not the trigger.

Does the striker cause more movement than a hammer?  Can that affect accuracy?
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
yes it can.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
For what we do, I would say it does not make a significant difference. Much more important is the speed of manipulation; a single-action trigger can be activated way faster than a DAO trigger. This can be especially significant with movers/swingers etc. A 1911 or CZ trigger is definitely more shootable, but weigh that against the extra hazard of abandonment... many top shooters take the trouble to completely unload their 1911s to avoid the chance of a DQ if the safety swipes off during abandonment. Thus unloading costs significant time.

If it matters, I switched from an STI 2011 to an M&P9 Pro for exactly this reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top