Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2011 7:18:41 AM EDT
So I have been looking at hip holsters for my Beretta 92FS, but there are so many different options I am hard pressed to figure out which is best.

I thought it may be best to have a holster that locks the gun in place, so I found this one: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=34534

I really don't want inside the waistband.

Does anyone have suggestions or comments about the one I have been looking at?

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used my 92FS in 3-gun out of a plain old Uncle Mike's injection molded Kydex.  As I recall, I had a really hard time finding one with belt loops, I think the only ones I could find at my usual shops were paddle holsters.  I bought mine on eBay as I recall.

Very few people I've seen are shooting out of a retention holster, either thumb breaks or something like a Serpa.  Most are shooting out of something like a Blade Tech.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I used my 92FS in a Blade-Tech DOH.  The holster you linked appears to be some type of nylon holster.  I've never cared for those much.  Get a holster made of good kydex.  Some of the cheaper holsters are made of a softer plastic and they feel like they are dragging when you draw.

I'm currently using retention holster for 3-Gun, the Blade-Teck WRS.  It is like the DOH but has a spring loaded retention strap activated by a thumb break.  The strap is hard and when open stays forward and out of the way when drawing and reholstering.  Most stages I start with it already off so it works just like a regular DOH, but if there is a lot of movement before the draw I can leave the strap on.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Any quality kydex friction-rentention holster ought to be pretty good, like blade tech, Ready Tactical, Comp tac, etc.

Safariland ALS holsters are really just as fast though, and give you positive retention. Much better option than something like a SERPA IMO.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm picking up one of  of these soon. Check it out. -Ben
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a real nice OWB leather Bianchi (sp?) holster at Sportsmans Warehouse on clearance for about 10 bucks. It was normally 60.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top