Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2017 1:06:14 PM EDT
I'm about to pull the trigger (no, pun not really intended) on a Springfield XDM 5.25 9mm for 3-gun and other competition, eventually after I have more time and money to finish investing in equipment.  I'm new to the shooting scene... bought a Taurus PT111 a month ago for carrying, then an AR-15 a couple weekends ago, and now Springfield has that special deal going on where if you buy before end of June, you get four free magazines, a holster and a mag holder.  Plus I like it more than the Glock 34.

Any reason I should NOT consider this as a viable 3-gun or general competition gun?

Thanks!

Rob
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran one for a couple years in 3 gun. Zero problems.
I switched to a G34 because the rest of my team was running Glocks. We wanted to standardize our gear as much as possible.
The Springer was/is a great choice though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a sweet shooting XDm.  I almost bought one, but my safe is so full of stuff I had to have, I decided no.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  I'll probably be ordering it today, since my local gun shop can't get one.

I'm looking forward to the deal going on til 6/30 where you get four free magazines, a holster and mag holder.  Since it comes with three mags, that'll give me seven total.  Now I just need to get more mags for my Taurus and AR-15. :)
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get it?
I use the 4.5 XDm, I put Dawson sights and a Powder River trigger in it, it's been a good pistol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A few of the guys I shoot with use and love them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I started shooting 3gun with an XD-M 3.8, and though its not the same, was very impressed by it.  I came very close to getting the 5.25 myself for 3gun, but I think i've actually settled on going to the Beretta 92A1 for competition.  Just seems to fit slightly better in my hands.  Though the 5.25 was a VERY close second.

I still shoot my XD-M 3.8 in IDPA and still love it.  It is still the gun I carry 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I shot a USPSA match with a 5.25 Dawson tweeked XDM, wasn't bad and let a few guys who swear by modded G34s have a go and they were surprised it was better than expected.
Top Top