Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2012 4:14:26 AM EDT
I thinking about buying a Benelli M2 field, primarily for (but not necessarily dedicated to) 3-gunning and am trying to decide between a 21" or 24" barrel?

Which one did you go with and why? If you could do it over, would you make the same choice?
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had both. The 21" may swing a little faster, but it is not noticeable. I'd get whichever you can get first. It seems both are sometimes hard to find.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#2]
21 is easier to move around.  24 will let you have more room in the mag extension without extending beyond the barrel if that really matters to you.  It is all personal preference.  Same with pistol grip or standard stock, sights, shell caddies, etc.  

I would not get to caught up in the length as long as it holds at least 8+1.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]
For all around use, I would get the 24", as I believe that the longer barrel would work better for hunting.

I have multiple barrels, and had been using the 18" for the last couple of years.  Swings very fast, and I only had issues on some targets where the shot spread from the cylinder bore would not allow me to get the steel down most of the time (split popper, where you are to only down one side).  This year I am switching to a 26" barrel with  chokes to try that out, but just in practice I can feel the difference in moving from target to target.  If this does not work out I will save up to buy a 21" and keep the 26 for hunting. :D  I do like the shorter barrel, alot.

-Corn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top