Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2012 11:39:05 PM EDT
I am trying to see which would be better start shotgun for 3-gun setup.

I find a lot of information on the SLP, but not as much on Super X3.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the SX 3 over the SLP.  The reason I did was that I could not stand the rifle sights.  I used to hope and pray every night that in the morning FN would make the Competition SLP with Vent Rib barrel available, but it didn't happen in time.  So I bought the SX3 w/26" barrel.  It's longer than what most folks are using, but I like it very much so far.  It will not cycle my ultralight 1 oz sporting clays reloads, but it does just fine with factory Federal Top Guns.

I'm happy with mine so far.  I have not yet had the lifter welded.  Mine prints slugs about 10" left at 100 yards through the Mod choke (which is actually a Light Mod in my gun).
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the SLP.  I have shot both.

I think the SX3 is probably the better choice.   It is lighter, with the vent rib barrel.  The 26in barrel is not that big of a hindrance.

I'm not going to sell my SLP to switch, but if you see a good deal on a SX3... grab it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I already own the X3, but it is 28" field barrel. Also, I own the SX2 and while I think X3 is much better, I see people shoot SLP MK1 a lot more often, so I am wondering if it is worth my time investing into shorter barrel and the mod or to just to buy SLP.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If you already have an extended mag tube on your SX3, I don't think you will gain much switching to the SLP.  

The SLP is easier to find and is race ready.  I think that is why you see so many of them.  Although it would be much better if the tube held 9 instead of 8.

The SX3 isn't enough better for me to prompt me to buy one.  The SLP is a great shotgun.  The SX3 is just a little lighter and transitions better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top