Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2012 1:58:11 PM EDT

Is anyone running the Loki Weapon Systems 3G upper? If so, what are your assessment ? I just ordered one. Is the barrel heavy or medium? Apparently the Carbon Fiber rail reduces weight by 12 oz over a similiar Aluminum rail. Thats quite a bit. What do you think of the Carbon rail ?

thank you for your input.

Ted
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the carbon fiber handgaurd that I bought from AP Customs.  I like it, it feels good and it's very light but durable.  Still waiting on a LOKI barrel.  Going on 7 weeks now.  I ordered the 18" double fluted stainless.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have AP Customs 15" dull finish.  With the mounting trunnion it weighs 6.5 oz.  I like it a lot.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
We had a Loki ( AP made) CF handguard installed on my wife's AR, one of the nicest made CF handguards I have seen, the fit and finish is excellent.  It is also sturdy, with very little flex.  You will save 6-8 oz over a comparable quality aluminum HG.  

Loki is a bit backed up at the moment, we have been waiting for the 18" barreled upper for 6 weeks, but all we have heard have been very positive.  It will be worth the wait.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We had a Loki ( AP made) CF handguard installed on my wife's AR, one of the nicest made CF handguards I have seen, the fit and finish is excellent.  It is also sturdy, with very little flex.  You will save 6-8 oz over a comparable quality aluminum HG.  

Loki is a bit backed up at the moment, we have been waiting for the 18" barreled upper for 6 weeks, but all we have heard have been very positive.  It will be worth the wait.

What is the diameter of the Loki CF handguard?
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
2in dia.  The CF is pretty thin, about 1/8"

Link Posted: 6/17/2012 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there any way to mount the modular rail sections to the CF handguard?
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes they can be mounted.  AP customs makes rail sections especially for this HG.  They are made in such a way that you don't have to remove the HG to mount them according to Aaron at AP.  They are a little pricey though.

Quoted:

Is there any way to mount the modular rail sections to the CF handguard?

Top Top