Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2007 7:16:06 AM EDT
Hey Son!!!   YOU GO THAT BIG OLE BOAR YET!!!!!!   Quit slackin and get to killin!!   LOL!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
We've been trying but haven't seen him since that one picture!

We've caught 22 in the last 3 weeks with most being about 110lbs. Had a few around 150 a couple of 200's and 265 was the largest. Only 3 went under 100. I promise we've been busy though .

Every day that I've been off we've either worked on traps, built new ones, worked on the trailer or worked on getting new spots to hunt and all this after we run the traps first thing in the morning and load up the hogs if we have em. It's a lot of work but it sure is fun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe he's ....SPIDERPIG

Spider pig, Spider pig, does what ever a spider pig does....tada watch out for spider pig.

Google it
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Naw....he's just a big smart old boar. They didn't get that big by accident
It's still hot yet....they'll be moving more soon and we'll get our chance.

Something cool did happen today though, but first a little back story, two weeks ago a little boar escaped when we were trying to load a larger hog out of another trap in the trailer and it wasn't exactly cooperating. This morning, the one that got away was back in the same trap that it got caught in initially.

I know it's the same one because the first time we caught it there was a piece of skin on the back of its neck about the size of a silver dollar that was scraped off and bleeding a little. The one we caught today is the same size, same color and has a scab in the same spot and the same size as the scrape on the other one.

So if you lose one don't think that you won't trap it again. I've heard of it happening before but now I've seen it first hand.
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been a slacker for the last three weeks, we haven't caught anything with all of the acorns falling. Spent the time building another trap and working on the trailer. Think I might start another trap next week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top