Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2020 2:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AASG]
I've always been told that black bears are more of a herbivore and scavenger.

Some of you may remember my thread about how I had numerous cougars on camera around my house a year or 2 ago, well now I just pulled trail came that were out for about a month on my hiking trail behind my house and I've got numerous bears. There were 2 pictures of deer running past the camera and then pics of a bear hot on their trail! This time of year the blackberries and salmonberries aren't ripe yet so they really don't have anything else to eat.
Check time stamp.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They eat a lot of fawns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one come in at a dead run to a calf elk call, so I’m sure they’d have no qualms taking fawns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Bears are ominverious, berries, fish, or whatever else they can get their paws on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
ive seen them take moose calves . im sure they will take a fawn
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:
ive seen them take moose calves . im sure they will take a fawn
View Quote
They are a major killer of moose calves up here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#6]
They do here in PA. I had one chase a doe to me years ago. I was sitting on the ground and a doe ran in about 30 yards and stopped behind a tree. I was just waiting until it stepped out and I was going to shoot it. All of a sudden it bolted straight down the mountain and I stood up thinking I could shoot it if it stopped. I heard some noise and looked to see a large black bear looking down the mountain where the deer just ran. I had my Winchester 7mm WSM off safe and the bear looked at me and let out a huff, then bolted up the mountain through a bunch of beech scrub. It happened so fast that I didn't react at all.
Top Top