Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:15:27 PM EDT
I went in June and killed one bear with my 6.8 My son is a guide and he is the kid with a clients cinnamon bear. He always carries a camera in his saddle bags and took some good pictures. The last picture of the cinnamon was a nice bear. Nobody got a shot at him.Mine is the second from last picture.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

How did that 6.8 do? How many times did you shoot the bear? I hunt Black Bear with a .375 RUM because I usually run into a Griz every year. But I've been thinking about building a big bore AR for stand/bait hunting!

BTW you are right about that being a nice bear in the last picture. He looks like a hawg!

- Clint
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot him at 103 yards and he ran a bit then started walking and staggering. My son said to put him down so I shot again at 160 yards. We found the first bullet in the far shoulder and a clean hole thru the heart. The second shot went thru the back and exited the sternum. The Barnes seems to be best when it hits bone. The hole in the sternum was the size of a golfball. He was as good as dead on the first shot but we did not want to take a chance. The taxidermist said my bear would of made the minimum for Pope&Young if I had used a bow. I guess that means he was a descent bear. I have not decided what I think about the Barnes 110 TSX. I have the bullet and it opened perfect just like the advertisemnets. It was fun and I will probable go back next year to help or play around camp. I don't think I really care much about shooting another one but I loved watching them. The older I get the more I enjoy the adventure and less I enjoy the kill. Weird hu?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
cool story...

I like the Barnes personally... That's all I use for bear hunting.

I like to go on the hunt as well. The kill is fun but not necessarily always the most important aspect of the hunt! I just love being out there.

- Clint
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top