Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 5:00:20 PM EDT
I'll post this question on the Hometown Forum in the Arkansas section as well ...

Just got back from a great duck and goose hunt in Saskatchewan. Now I want to check the box for a hunt in flooded timber in Arkansas. Maybe next year. Anyone have a really great recommendation for a lodge/outfitter in the general vicinity of Stuttgart?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
A few months late on this one, but we just got back from hunting with Arkansas County Duck Guide Service. Chad Loyd is the guy that owns it. Did two days on ducks and one afternoon goose hunt.  They hunt big blinds, six in our group plus three other dudes, would have preferred to be just us but it is what it is.

I will say this, we shot the hell out of some birds, mallards, teal, ringnecks, spoonies and even a banded black duck.  I’d have no reservation about going back with them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Several listed here - have heard of them but always research as much as you can.  http://www.stuttgartarkansas.org/duck-camps.html

ETA:  This place is McCollum family business - founded by Mack's Prairie Wings also. http://stuttgarthuntingclub.com/main
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I just came back from Stuttgart, and did some goose hunting with "Goosebusters"... and I would definitely NOT recommend them
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
That sucks and thanks for the warning
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just came back from Stuttgart, and did some goose hunting with "Goosebusters"... and I would definitely NOT recommend them
View Quote
Well, I wonder if they are the same outfit that's in southern Il right now.
I'm here for the snowgoose opener, and you always get these out of town hacks.
Some real scumbags in the outfitter\guiding community today
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, I wonder if they are the same outfit that's in southern Il right now.
I'm here for the snowgoose opener, and you always get these out of town hacks.
Some real scumbags in the outfitter\guiding community today
View Quote
Yeah, I think a lot of those guys move around with the migration
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seems like there's 1500 snow goose "guides" out there.  Most are 1-2 man operations with 1000 decoys.  Some work really hard, some suck.  With the stupid good hatch the snows had this year, everybody and their mother is going to have a few big shoots and make themselves look like pros.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems like there's 1500 snow goose "guides" out there.  Most are 1-2 man operations with 1000 decoys.  Some work really hard, some suck.  With the stupid good hatch the snows had this year, everybody and their mother is going to have a few big shoots and make themselves look like pros.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely watch snow goose outfits.  I have been hunting ~65 miles NE from Stuttgart as the crow flies for many years and we see people scouting and trying to drum up business to guide.  Some disappear quickly and some actually do well, but the issue is that names change a lot of the bad ones.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
OST

I'm actually interested in the same thing. Dad lives in Tupelo MS and wants me to come down for Thanksgiving. Told him the only way it would happen is if I get to check flooded timber in Arkansas off my list. Saskatchewan for Canadas and Missouri for snows is on there too.

Already got Canvasbacks in MD and Pheasants in the Dakotas.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OST

I'm actually interested in the same thing. Dad lives in Tupelo MS and wants me to come down for Thanksgiving. Told him the only way it would happen is if I get to check flooded timber in Arkansas off my list. Saskatchewan for Canadas and Missouri for snows is on there too.

Already got Canvasbacks in MD and Pheasants in the Dakotas.
View Quote
I'd skip Missouri all together for snows and just do a fall SK trip for snows and darks.  You'll average more snows per day per gun in SK in the fall than you will in Mizz in the spring.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Definitely watch snow goose outfits.  I have been hunting ~65 miles NE from Stuttgart as the crow flies for many years and we see people scouting and trying to drum up business to guide.  Some disappear quickly and some actually do well, but the issue is that names change a lot of the bad ones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

There are a lot of "guides" that chase the migration.  We had guys from MN knocking on our door in AR this year, asking to hunt a field with their clients.  They live out of their truck and trailer and just drive to where they see birds and start knocking on doors asking to hunt.

I get it...but there are some shady shady folks doing it too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Belle Gulley in Tichnor Arkansas is a great place for the price. Nothing fancy but they got birds and they're really good people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top