Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:14:36 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a versatile shotgun.  Preferably, something I can use to shoot Pheasant, Dove, and Duck with along with the occasional trip to sporting clays.

I'm not looking to spend too much on this project but want a nice shotgun to meet these needs.  I was thinking of going with the Super Eagle II because I've been a fan of shooting semi auto, but it is quite expensive.

What would you guys do in my situation? I'd also like this shotgun to be versitile enough to use for HD.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
yep I agree the SBE II is big chunk o change to put down a shotgun.  

It's a nice shotgun for sure and a lot of my buddies shoot them.

However, for someone just starting out and wanting semi auto shotgun with the same internal design as the SBE II  I would look at the Stoeger M2000. It's around 1/3 the price of the SBE II but has many of the same features minus the capability to shoot 3.5" inch shotshells. BenelliUSA owns Stoeger so they are part of the same family.

I personally shoot the Baikal MP153/RemingtonSPR453 and couldn't be happier with this gas gun. The Baikal cost me around $300 and has been kill birds for me for over 8 yrs. My first shotgun was an 870 Express Magnum 12 ga. that still serves me well on many outings.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Rem 870. If you want to ever use it for HD then that is your only real option. IMHO
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
SBEII is a really nice shotgun, one of the best on the market.  However if you don't want to spend that much money on it, I'd recommend either the rem 1187 or mossberg 935.  I have both of these guns and both are reliable field proven guns.  A lot of people hate on mossberg as being unreliable, but it is all about how you care for your guns.  I clean mine just about after every shooting, and it mine will cycle even the cheapest of 2 3/4" shotgun loads.  Of course for duck hunting, I have the ability to shoot 3 1/2" shells.  Great gun IMO
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both and recommend the SBEII.  It can shoot anything from light trap loads to full 3 1/2in goose loads back to back.  It would be perfectly fine for home defense.  Why wouldn't it?  Get it now, the price on guns just goes up, up, up.  Plus if you decide to sell it'll hold more vale than an 870.

And they shoot soooooooo sweet!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top