Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2019 1:04:40 PM EDT
Anyone use Ghillie suits to hunt coyotes?  Considered just making a pinch type suit to just lay over me.  I hunt alot of field lines and sometimes don't have the best cover.  If so lets see your pics.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I ghillied up a leafy suit that works well for duty, yotes, turkeys and deer.  Lightweight, breathable and cool.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything that breaks up your lines, especially when you're calling them in.  Don't ignore scent as they will pick up on that quicker than the visual cues.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure it couldn't hurt but dogs use their nose more than their eyes. Turkeys use their eyes more than their nose....

A yote uses the wind and will prob get spooked if they get a wiff of you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't like using a ghillie suit. Too much grass, weeds and stickers stuck on it. Also pretty hot.

I opt for camo, hunt in shadows or side hills, don't move and watch your scent and play the wind.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree guys coyotes have incredible smell.  Areas I hunt I have to sit on field lines and usually use a tripod to see over brush.  Just figured concealing myself would increase my odds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top