Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2010 7:21:04 AM EDT
I was planning on buying one new when I stopped at the local gun store and saw one on consignment for cheaper. Picked it up, put new batteries in it to test it out, and here's the problem/question

I don't have a manual(foxpro manual does not show up on website) How does it turn on? The way I've been getting it to turn on is turn the rotary switch, switch the front speaker switch to the front, and push in the switch.(make sense?) However, I'm thinking there is a loose connection because I push in the switch and it will turn on and stay on until I let go.(won't stay on by itself) I actually have to shake the unit and find a sweet spot where it will stay on buy itself. After that it will work fine unless you bump it.

Loose connection?
The way it looks, it might have been toss a few times.
Can I take the unit apart to fix it without parts falling off.
Since it's used with no warranty, I'm not bothering FoxPro yet.

Thanks for any input.

*found manual on-line

Link Posted: 3/1/2010 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]

I have one.  Where's the remote?  The way you turn it on with the remote is as follows:

-Turn unit on (rotary switch on FX3)

-Select call # on remote

-Press <SEND>

-FX3 defaults to lowest volume setting, start turning up volume on remote until desired volume is reached.

Link Posted: 3/1/2010 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have one.  Where's the remote?  The way you turn it on with the remote is as follows:

-Turn unit on (rotary switch on FX3)
-Select call # on remote
-Press <SEND>
-FX3 defaults to lowest volume setting, start turning up volume on remote until desired volume is reached.

The remote works.
When I turn the rotary switch, the unit does not come on or stay on. I have to press the speaker switch inward, then the backlight will turn on and blink the dashes, but it won't stay on by itself. When I shake it and press it, sometimes it will find a sweet spot where it will stay on. Then it works perfect.
I'm thinking since it may have been tossed a few times, it may have a loose connection on the inside.

I read the manual and it sounds like the green backlight and dashes should come on when I turn the rotary switch, which is not happening.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I read the manual and it sounds like the green backlight and dashes should come on when I turn the rotary switch, which is not happening.

That's correct - that is how it should work.  I would think that if you open up the unit, FoxPro might not touch it if you can't fix it.  Why not give them a call and see if they'll work on it for you.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
FoxPro has excellent customer service and real people answer the phone. Call them and I'm sure they will help you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I E-mailed them and they said they will try and make it work. I have not sent it in yet, I got it to work better than I got it. If it still acts up, I'll send it in.

I took it out on Saturday, no coyotes, but I saw some crows off in the distance and switched to some crow calls. In about 2-3 minutes I had about 25 crows flying over me. I wish I had the shotgun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top