Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2011 11:32:45 AM EDT
any one know how long a 6 volt battery might last for a game feeder thats being put in a remote area if it kicks on twice a day?  I probably won't make it back out there for a month or so, I'm wondering if the battery will outlast 50 lbs of food.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I put a solar charger on mine.
It's been in the wood for 2 yrs now.
I've never tried it without the charger. It was a good investment.
I think Tractor supply has a universal model.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
in my experience it should last. I put one out 2 years ago at beginning of bow season, got sick and didn't get to hunt at all that year. When I finally got back out there in early February of last year, the feeder would still come on when i hit the test button. This feeder went off twice a day for 5 seconds, must have run from September till I got it back in Feb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top