Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2016 6:21:39 AM EDT
Planning to be at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore LK02 about 1400-1800z today.

KX2 with 53ft wire and 13ft counterpoise.  

80 and 40 meters are open good right not but that will probably change in 4 hours.

NE9**

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Mode? Frequencies?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mode? Frequencies?
View Quote
Sorry,  Didn't see this.  I messed up and left my key in the truck.  Went out on the Dunes Ridge Trail pedestrian mobile using the KX2 and MFJ1899T.  Made 3 contacts while walking to a good site then set up with the 53 foot wire and 13 foot counterpoise.  Made 51 contacts in 1 hour 28 minutes.  If any of you worked me they have been uploaded to LOTW.

PM picture taken after I took the antenna on the 20 ft fishing pole down and was ready for the hike out.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping to get out of work early today to see if we could make contact but, that didn't work out.  This weekend I'm going to try out the 53' / 13' wire combo.

In order to view your pictures I have to open in a new browser tab, then chop off the HTTPS:// is that just me?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was hoping to get out of work early today to see if we could make contact but, that didn't work out.  This weekend I'm going to try out the 53' / 13' wire combo.

In order to view your pictures I have to open in a new browser tab, then chop off the HTTPS:// is that just me?
View Quote
I don't see an https on the pictures.  Posted them the same way I have always posted pictures.

I did have someone on facebook tell me that it was sad that I kept the contacts so short and contest style.   I "should have visited a little about the weather, rigs etc."

I guess you can't please everyone.  Band was up and down so didn't mess around while it was good.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a guy trolling me on the facebook NPOTA group telling me that it was sad that for a while I was working 3 contacts per minute. So sad that I didn't take time to talk about the weather, their rig, antenna, my rig and antenna and other things.  Since it was an SSB activation and not CW I should have taken time to chat with each one.  Not sure how serious he was.  I think he was just trying to get a reaction. With the QSB if I had done that I would have had a hard time to get the 10 contacts to make it count as an activation.

I did get an interesting QSL card from a Dr in New York.  He doesn't work NPOTA to collect any number of contacts, doesn't use LOTW or EQSL.  He does like portable operation and wanted to know more about the site I was at and the equipment I was using.  His QSL card was a picture of me operating at the park with the QSL information printed on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top