Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 11:29:50 AM EDT
KA9--- on 17 meters portable with the KX3 and buddistick  HFpack 18.1575.  Won't be here by the computer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a W3 got your Kilo.

ETA:  I couldn't hear you.

ETA2:  Is that LiDAR on your bike?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like a W3 got your Kilo.  

View Quote

ETA:  I couldn't hear you.

ETA2:  Is that LiDAR on your bike?

W3FF is Budd who the buddipole is named after.  I was working him and some others.  He was running a big quad antenna from California.  I gave up and came back in because a YK5 came on on 18.156 and the pileup that he attracted was making a mess for me.  Worked 6 different stations in CA, ND, FL, SC, TX and Mexico.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I was on from 1515z till 1625z
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Darn it...missed you!  Haven't gotten on the air today, yet.  Will be on later today, though, if you are going to try it again.

I worked Budd a couple of years ago when he was in Barbados.  He's an Elecraft fan.  Check out the note he left me  on the back of his QSL card.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Darn it...missed you!  Haven't gotten on the air today, yet.  Will be on later today, though, if you are going to try it again.
I worked Budd a couple of years ago when he was in Barbados.  He's an Elecraft fan.  Check out the note he left me  on the back of his QSL card.

http://www.pbase.com/david_3/image/158844397/original.jpg
View Quote
KB9AVO on that card is my neighbor.  I have never worked them while using more than 10 watts and have always done it portable.  A couple years ago Budd loaned me his bicycle mobile antenna for the forum at Dayton.  It was a nice antenna but not one they have available for sale.  The pileup that guy in Syria created made me give up.  I will be out portable next Saturday for the SPAR winter field day.  I would encourage a lot of you to get on then and give it a try.  Noon Saturday till noon Sunday EST.  1700z Jan 24 to 1700z Jan 25  http://www.spar-hams.org/contests/winterfd/index.php

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]

What's the matter with your grass?  I think you might have grub worms.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we talked, but it didn't get logged.  I thought I had it on my phone, but apparently not.

I was the KG7 station southwest of Vegas working portable - I was having a bit of a tough time copying.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think we talked, but it didn't get logged.  I thought I had it on my phone, but apparently not.

I was the KG7 station southwest of Vegas working portable - I was having a bit of a tough time copying.
View Quote
i don't have a KG7 in the log.  There were some others on too that I wasn't able to copy.  You may have worked one of the others.  I didn't work anyone in NV but I do think I heard someone work you but don't remember who it was.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Got warm enough this afternoon that we lost a lot of that white stuff.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top