Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2014 4:43:20 AM EDT
I thought I was proud two nights ago - last night was a little better.

First ever confirmed contact - W1AW/0 - grid  EN34 - who cares if I'm EM10

Did I mention I performed this feat using a satellite as a repeater......

Yippee Ki Yay!

One other item of note - I used the CJU antenna again but rather than hold it flat (like a frying pan) I held it with the elements vertical.  What a difference! Still pointing the end at the satellite but chaning the orientation appears to be where I was screwing up.  I still used the Nagoya 701 antenna'd HT for transmit as the CJU is suitable for 144mhz transmit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Good deal
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You might find yourself changing antenna orientation often to have the best signal. SO 50 is the only FM sat left and it is the hardest to deal with, I had problems tracking it and would give up mid pass

Nice job on first confirmed contact
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top