Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 12:41:21 AM EDT
Woke up at 0100
On the road at 0200
Checked in at 0300
Arrived at station 0345
Checked in with net control at 0427

Ready for the Marine Corps Marathon

Some ham sexy people and trucks for sure. I have my truck parked to use as a cross band repeater if need be.

Not a 'ask a guy ....' thread but if I have free time I will answer. Also will try to get some pictures up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
bring HF?

have fun - glad I don't have to work it, even happier I don't have to run it

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]
No HF. I might next year though.

I am glad I volunteered, everyone else I work with was voluntold and doesn't get the leeway I do.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No HF. I might next year though.

I am glad I volunteered, everyone else I work with was voluntold and doesn't get the leeway I do.
View Quote

always a good point

still 100% attendence policy down there?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It is pretty close.

I op checked my radios last night and for some reason my th-d72 wouldn't transmit in memory mode. I am not sure what was wrong I had taken two tylenol PMs and was fighting the sandman. So this morning I had to program all my freqs in by hand. I remembered why I oike computer programming.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#5]
that sucks

have fun today... I was down on Wednesday and they had stuff set up everywhere

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't get alot of pictures, 30,000 runners needed drinks. Luckily I was only 6/8 miles into the route so we didn't have any injuries.

One of our NC ops did an amazing job. She was easy to understand and worked with stations to get accurate information. When we where checking in someone hot mic'd for 10-15 mins, twice. So we had to roll freqs but our secondary was the other groups primary. I don't know how they missed that but we had plenty of other repeaters in line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top