Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:37:10 PM EDT
I acquired a few things, one of them being a webster bandspanner.
Anyone know anything about these?
Whats the best way to mount it?
How do I feed it?
What markings are what bands?   etc...
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I suggest you Google or do a search for "Webster Bandspanner Antenna" and there is many pages related to this antenna, of which an ad for a manual.  I use to have one back in the '60s and it worked pretty good on 75m AM.

K6YDW

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I did but I didn't find anything really useful, just a bunch of oldtimers saying that had one in 19xx on their xxxxx xxxxxx.

One thing I found said it mounted on a  "3/8" UNF base"  and I have no clue what that is.
My local radio house lists no such item. It could be UHF I guess instead of UNF, but they list UHF base's and 3/8" bases separate.  It's pretty much as clear as mud.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
UNF I believe is the 3/8"x24 thread FEMALE mount.  My Bandspanner had a MALE 3/8"x24 thread mount on the bottom of the antenna.  What is your mount??  I had mine mounted on a Super Heavy Duty (From a police car) spring mount.  It's been so long that I dont recall the settings on the antenna either.  You could get a Grid-Dip meter and check it a various locations for resonance I suspect.  I am curious as to if the taps are even any good after so many years also.  Good Luck, 73, de John K6YDW

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The mounting end is what you describe 3/8" male.  I only received the antenna, nothing else.
So this will go on something like those spring mounts, the ones I'm thinking of and seen recently are milsurp?
Now that I know what I'm looking for, I can probably find something.  
Thanks for your help.

I got my first HF rig as well.  I can only tx on part of one band(lower part of 10m) on it right now.  Hopefully I'll take the general exam at the end of this month if I get to studying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top