Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 8:43:23 PM EDT
anyone have a current copy they don't want?

I'd like to find one for my daughter so she can get her license.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You might check the public library.
Our library has some of the ARRL books, they are unfortunately, quite outdated tho, you may have better luck.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You might check the public library.
Our library has some of the ARRL books, they are unfortunately, quite outdated tho, you may have better luck.

I hit the local library yeasterday.. latest version: 2001

I think it may have changed since then
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep same boat I was in when I started looking at getting my ticket.  Only I think the library here had the 1999 version.
I ended up studying from the practice tests online, but I know that is not a desirable option for most people.
I just had alot of time on my hands to take the test 20times/day for several weeks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The info in the book is the same, however, I understand that the banks of test questions may have changed.

Study the book and go to QRZ.com and take the online prep quizez. Once she is passing them with consistancy, schedule the real test.

That is how I did it, and it took me about a week and a half, doing about 3 prep quizez a day, passed with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple of study guides on pdf. If you would like them drop me a pm with your email address and I will email them to you. I really should just post a separate post with these.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#6]
www.qrz.com has the Practice online tests, they help alot.

You can also download the entire set of pool questions.
Tech - http://www.ncvec.org/downloads/2006tech.pdf
General - http://www.ncvec.org/page.php?id=333
Extra - http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/2002_Extra_Pool3_.txt

~John

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not worried about the tests, that will happen in due time

I want my daughter to better understand the theory and the ins/outs of what she'll be tested on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]
FWIW and FYI, ARRL's latest version of the Tech class manual is just called The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual. I personally liked the NYT name -- the new one is blah.

The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top