Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2012 1:31:45 PM EDT
I finally divided by zero! I got my ts-2000 hooked into Xastir and have tx/rx aprs packets. Im not even a big APRS guy its just that APRS combines computers and radios so its kind of like my final essay.

Sure psk uses radios and computers but that is a pretty simple plug in play thing. However getting everything set to how you like it takes a lifetime.

I used my th-d72 to confirm and its working, I checked aprs.fi and its working. I haven't decoded any other stations (besides my HT) even though I am hearing packets.

Now I can finish cleaning the shack to post pics in the shack thread
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been messing with this a while now and have yet to get any stations other then my HT to show up. I can hear the burst and some are s5-7 but its not showing up.

I thought it might be a hardware/software issue but it is decoding the packets from my HT just fine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I finally got xastir to see the sm0 soundmodem device on my lappy. Two problems. One; soundmodem randomly routes ?something? to my speakers and make just a hell of a racket. Two; once I activate the soundmodem it doesn't play nicely with my rtl-sdr. I can run gqrx and see the waterfall, but nothing gets decoded. Stop soundmodem and multimonNG decodes all the afsk data just fine. So close, yet so far.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear ya about being so close!

sm0 will make some noise (packets) when it starts up to tell everyone there is a new node up.
Top Top