Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2018 1:36:35 PM EDT
Looking for something in the $150-$199 range and 7.4ish gear ratio. I have a couple Bass Pro Qualifier brand reels that work just fine, but am looking to upgrade and pair with a St. Croix Mojo rod. This one caught my attention when it was released a while back and wanted to see if anyone had personal experience with one. I will be using it 1-2 weekends per month while there is no snow and a week long trip in a week and a half that occurs yearly. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 1:56:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skew12] [#1]
I’ve got a few curado K’s. Plenty happy with em, especially in that price range. Just added another to a frog rod. Plenty of ass to it.

CALL tackle warehouse and put in a order today. 15% off.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:51:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SERVED_USMC] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By skew12:
I’ve got a few curado K’s. Plenty happy with em, especially in that price range. Just added another to a frog rod. Plenty of ass to it.

View Quote
Just ordered the reel and a St. Croix Mojo bass rod. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By @SERVED_USMC:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skew12:

Which model Mojo did you order? I have a pair of them. Their 7’1” Med heavy fast action jig rod and their 6’10” medium moderate crankbait rod.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Which model Mojo did you order? I have a pair of them. Their 7’1” Med heavy fast action jig rod and their 6’10” medium moderate crankbait rod.
View Quote
Went with the 7’1” MH.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Went with the 7’1” MH.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Went with the 7’1” MH.
You’ll love it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have three, one in each ratio. They are the best buy under $200 IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By STXDobie:
I have three, one in each ratio. They are the best buy under $200 IMHO.
View Quote
I'll have it on the water but Im already really liking it. I'll get around 50 hours on it in the next week and if it passes muster I'll be picking up another 1 or 2....or 3. The wifey already thinks she's going to claim this one.

Link Posted: 7/15/2018 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#8]
After reading this, I was over to Bass Pro to get a part for my kayak. I looked at the St Croix Mojo rods, and walked out with a new 6'10" drop shot model and a new Lews spinning reel to put on it. Very nice rod, and I can't wait to get it wet. Hoping to go fish the Flint for shoal bass this week.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By @RamblinWreck:
After reading this, I was over to Bass Pro to get a part for my kayak. I looked at the St Croix Mojo rods, and walked out with a new 6'10" drop shot model and a new Lews spinning reel to put on it. Very nice rod, and I can't wait to get it wet. Hoping to go fish the Flint for shoal bass this week.
View Quote
You can’t just leave us hanging. Where are the pics man?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#10]
A fourth one I'm trying on one of my bass jig rods.

I have reels from Lew's and 13Fishing as well and if I had to pick only one for all of my conventional fishing it would be the Curado K. My favorite reel for inshore is still the Lew's Team Lite.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RamblinWreck] [#11]
You can’t just leave us hanging. Where are the pics man?
View Quote
Took this pic on the lake this morning:

Next to my Ambassadeur 5500C I bought in the 70's at the Ft Gordon Sporting Goods Store. Still on the old Shakespeare "Mag Lite" 5'6" heavy jig/worm graphite rod I got around the same time. I do have a new 13 Fishing Omen Black 6'7" M/F casting rod coming tomorrow to replace it. The ol' 5500C casts great, and another foot of rod will send baits even farther.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 5:22:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#12]
I’m a big fan of Curado reels.

I think there are maybe half a dozen of them in the boat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#13]
A few days into the trip and I’m a believer. Super nice setup. Fishing is slower than usual but have managed to land a few decent largemouth a 24” and a 27” northern.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:28:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SERVED_USMC] [#14]
Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:

Took this pic on the lake this morning:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/631/P1020029-610888.jpg

Next to my Ambassadeur 5500C I bought in the 70's at the Ft Gordon Sporting Goods Store. Still on the old Shakespeare "Mag Lite" 5'6" heavy jig/worm graphite rod I got around the same time. I do have a new 13 Fishing Omen Black 6'7" M/F casting rod coming tomorrow to replace it. The ol' 5500C casts great, and another foot of rod will send baits even farther.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/631/P1020037-610901.jpg
View Quote
Very nice! I have a Shimano Sahara series on a St. Croix 6'6'' that works fine for pan fishing, but I could have used a better finesse setup a few of the days we were there. The walleye were in some heavier sunken timber and smashing the senkos so accuracy was paying off. I learned how to run it a little better after losing a couple of them.

All in all I'm seriously impressed with how the Curado/Mojo worked out. I came in just shy of 40 hours on it by Friday. I put some 30# braided Suffix on it and ran that all week after losing a spinnerbait to a bite off on the first day. Fishing was tougher than in years past, likely because of the heat they had up there (Manitowish Waters, WI) the week prior but we didn't do too bad between the 6 of us. Some of them worth mentioning; 36" musky, a bunch of walleye with 19'' being the biggest, 19'' small mouth, some short/fat large mouth and bunch of northern x2 at 23'', 24'' and 27''. I want to check out the Curado DC as well, but I will likely be going with another of the same setup in a different gear ratio. Thanks for the input that helped me pull the trigger on it!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top