Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:38:37 AM EDT
Anyone read this book by Neil Strauss? Worth checking out?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Reading it now - about halfway thru.

I've not read his other books, but he writes a lot of behind the scenes music industry tell-all books.

It's not your typical "walk you thru" step by step manual that it sounds like it's gonna be.  He writes it story-like about his process from becoming your average city dweller type to a survivalist type (not just live off the land, but finding other countries to live in case of disaster in the USofA). So his chapters are short and based on some event that happened to him.  From those stories, he'll drop info like a book name or method or something that would require more investigation for those interested (on your own).

It' entertaining and I guess fits in with his other works...behind the scenes tell-all of one man preparing for possible disaster.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I picked up a copy so I'll let ya'll know how it is when I'm done
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I am about 3/4 of the way through it.  In my opinion it gets a lot better at about the half way point when he finally gets it.  Like the others have said it is more a story of his experience than it is a reference book.

Norris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top