Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2021 6:44:18 PM EDT
The house is almost done being built and we have a few acres to play on.  I'm looking for a recommendation for sub $200.00 metal detectors.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine used a Garrett Ace 300 and highly recommend it. Close to your price range new but I've seen them used under 200.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't but have buddy with a couple, when he visits, we gonna run around my property with them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
This isn't so much a recommendation as it is an "I bought one and haven't used it yet." Anyway, Academy Sports had a Bounty Hunter 11 on sale for $200.00 at Christmas, they are regularly $500.00. I don't know if they are still on sale or not, but from what I read about them they are good enough for someone who is just playing around with one.
ETA, just checked and they are still showing to be on sale.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Fisher F2 it works pretty good. Best tip is to get a Garrett Pinpointer. There are others but the Garrett has better accuracy at a longer distance.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/ go here and read. When you are ready to buy contact a associate member and they will cut you a better than advertised deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Fisher F2 it works pretty good. Best tip is to get a Garrett Pinpointer. There are others but the Garrett has better accuracy at a longer distance.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/ go here and read. When you are ready to buy contact a associate member and they will cut you a better than advertised deal.
View Quote

Not sure if I'm missing something but where are the associate members "located?"   I'm ready to buy.  

@fas2c
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#6]
@AKJEFF,
I purchased mine through these people BigBoysHobbies Give them a call or shoot them an email, tell them you are a  member of Friendly Metal Detecting Forum and you wanted to buy and you heard they offered forum member discounts and they will hook you up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Will give them a shout.  Thank you much!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
That’s on my list of things to buy. I found out where an old farmstead is on my property by using old aerial photos that I found online.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@AKJEFF,
I purchased mine through these people BigBoysHobbies Give them a call or shoot them an email, tell them you are a  member of Friendly Metal Detecting Forum and you wanted to buy and you heard they offered forum member discounts and they will hook you up.
View Quote

This.... I also recommend Big Boys Hobbies... call and talk to Bart, or use the messenger on their web site.   I have bought a few over the years from him,  quite knowledgeable, price can't be beat, and shipping was quick.
Top Top