Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2016 11:23:18 AM EDT
Some pictures and the story here:

Facebook Post of Incident

AldermanFarms LIVE - When Dogs Attack

TLDR: Normally ok Anatolian Shepherd dog protecting piglet turns on owner who misread the situation.  Border Collie joins in the mele'.   Son hears commotion and shoots Anatolian and then the other dog is dispatched later.  Nose and face gnawed on many stitches received.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Read the facebook part, have not watched it yet.  Will try to do so tomorrow perhaps.

Really brings home the concept of what might happen if things go a little differently.

I cut out what I originally posted, he mentioned that he had taken his glock out of the holster to use the restroom.

Glad he survived it and glad as heck he posted so others can learn, like me.

I do not know enough about dog "mannerisms" to try to guess how to end this without issues.

I do think if I had wound up down at doggy level and realized there is a problem, being able to draw and shoot doggy would be something I would be reluctant to do.  Until I considered that there is no good alternative.

The other dog joining in brings something else in to think about as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top