Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2011 8:02:33 PM EDT
Over the last several weeks squash bugs and cucumber beetles have destroyed my squash, and cucumbers. I've tried seven,dipel and malithian. Nothing works, it sucks to work so hard and have a little bug wreck your bounty. Any suggestions?

Thanks    
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been having the same problem, and a friend suggested to me to try Neem oil or an insecitcidal soap.

John
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Dad is very much a natural gardener which means no pesticides.  When pest control is needed he uses liquid Ivory dish soap in a hose-end sprayer.  Does the same thing to insects as it would do to you if you were to ingest a goodly amount of soap on your supper:  intestinal distress.    Lemon scented is supposed to do even better.  Washes off at harvest so no prob....
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Get chickens.  We have zero insects in our garden thanks to them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have always had good luck spraying with Sevin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top