Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 1:18:32 PM EDT
I am thinking about doing some more planting in my garden to fill up a couple rows that didn't have anything in them. I was wondering how many of you do the same thing and what you're planting.

I do want to plant some garlic later, but need to add some more loam to the garden first to take care of some drainage problems.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
look at the average date of first frost for your area, count back to today's date.  Plant anything you want that will produce in that many days.

ETA  average date of first frost October 21st back to July 21st = 100 days  plant anything that will produce in less than 100 days.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Its too hot where I am to plant right now.

Garlic is a fall-planted crop.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
just put corn and beans in the ground yesterday.  I've got 20 pepper plants to transplant in a few days
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Perfect, just what I needed to know.  Looks like more beans and maybe core will be going in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top