Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2010 2:29:35 PM EDT
So I roasted some sirloin tip last night and I WAAAAYYYY overcooked it. I like my meat well done, but to call this roast leathery would be an insult to leather. Any way to fix it? Soup, stew?

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a dog?  If not, get one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
cube it up, boil it for soup,,bout it..clean off the crustiest parts and make the pups happy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
There's this thing my mom used to do with her roast, but she intentionally overcooked roast all the time so I'm not sure if it's any good.
It's kind of a sandwich stuff - throw it in a food processor with a pickle, mayo (or Miracle Whip, I guess), maybe some mustard, that kind of thing. Make it the consistency of chicken salad, maybe there was a hard boiled egg involved at some point... anyway, then you spread on Wonder bread and feed it to the dog.

That's how I remember it anyway. The rest of the family seemed to enjoy the stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There's this thing my mom used to do with her roast, but she intentionally overcooked roast all the time so I'm not sure if it's any good.
It's kind of a sandwich stuff - throw it in a food processor with a pickle, mayo (or Miracle Whip, I guess), maybe some mustard, that kind of thing. Make it the consistency of chicken salad, maybe there was a hard boiled egg involved at some point... anyway, then you spread on Wonder bread and feed it to the dog.

That's how I remember it anyway. The rest of the family seemed to enjoy the stuff.

That sounds disgusting. But good

Unfortunately I have no dog. The cat likes it, but he can only eat so much. I've been choking it down. Next time I'm going to cut the cooking time a bit....

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Crock pot in some beef stew....
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I roasted some sirloin tip last night and I WAAAAYYYY overcooked it. I like my meat well done, but to call this roast leathery would be an insult to leather. Any way to fix it? Soup, stew?

I have one of those "less expensive" digital thermometers with the wired lead so you can put the tip right in the center of the roast, and the electronic readout sits outside the oven.  You'll go from "WAAAAYYYY overcooked" to "perfect everytime".  It cuts out the guessing game and makes preparing meat a delight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd say a slow cooker would be the best way to go.

But when we cut tip sirloin we use it at sandwhich steaks, less than an 1/8 of an inch thick. great for that cheese steak everyone loves! The thinner the better!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top