Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 4:24:08 AM EDT
Trying to get some feedback on Eberlestock packs, particularly the terminator model. I've heard some chatter that the Eberlestock packs tend to ride a little high putting extra stress on the shoulders.  I missed out on getting a Kifaru mmr which was my first choice so I'm thinking the Estock pack might make a good substitute. All feedback welcome so chime in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
My G4 Operator sits almost entirely on my hips, leaving barely any weight on the shoulder straps at all. The harness can be adjusted (further up or down) on the frame, which could allow me to easily change how the shoulder straps ride.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My eberlestock has adjustments as good as the person messing with it.

I still fiddle with it now and then.

I have the crane version I think and I change things around now and then.

If I would leave it alone it would not need to be fiddled with.

I believe there are some short movies on their site about getting things adjusted.  If not there then run some searches since I know I saw some short movies where folks messed with eberlestock stuff specifically.

My pack is getting to be a few years old, it will never wear out most likely.  I don't know about any of their newer stuff.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used all of the Eberlestock packs, I'm a dealer for them, and love them

I've settled on the Operator for my personal use.  Great pack!

You can adjust the snot out of it.  If it doesn't fit you, you either have a really wierd body type (really big or really small) or you haven't tried hard enough.

No shoulder pressure for me at all...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like everyone is pretty satisfied w/ their Estock packs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info, I've been considering a G4 Operator.  Now leaning more that way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Gunslinger and it rocks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 Great packs. I have an Operator and I gave my Gunslinger to wife. Take the time to adjust, they have lots of room to work with.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#8]
i have a g4 operator, great pack. i love even more that i got it at firesale prices, beause well it had survived a fire... a couple of us got great deals a while back on thier closeouts...

K.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i have a g4 operator, great pack. i love even more that i got it at firesale prices, beause well it had survived a fire... a couple of us got great deals a while back on thier closeouts...

K.

Yes we did, not to rub it in but some of us bought a few of them.   Eberlestock makes a really great pack I think you will be happy with it, although it is not Protus' 1st choice I believe he has a multicam Kifaru.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to carry the Camelbak BFM on the two way range but switched over to the G4 Operator.  The Operator has adjustable straps which make it MUCH more comfortable than the BFM when you have body armor on .  I also like the fact that I can put an extra rifle (I just found out an M4 w/203 fits nicely) in the pouch of the Operator.  I wish the Operator had the inside mesh pockets, dividers, and an outside map pouch like the BFM for the smaller things, but that's just a personal preference.  I like the Operator so much I've got two of them now, one I bought from the "fire sale".
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 on the e-stock packs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top