Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:13:22 PM EDT
Anybody used this? Picked one up today on Steep and Cheap for $20, but I can't find any opinions on it...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm personally not all that thrilled about titanium cookware - it is poor at transferring heat evenly. This one looks like a good one and should be able to hold a lot of gear inside. Is it big enough to get a fuel canister inside? That is usually one of my yardsticks for my backpack cookware. For $20 seems like a good deal, not many camping kettles for that price regardless of the material.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm personally not all that thrilled about titanium cookware - it is poor at transferring heat evenly. This one looks like a good one and should be able to hold a lot of gear inside. Is it big enough to get a fuel canister inside? That is usually one of my yardsticks for my backpack cookware. For $20 seems like a good deal, not many camping kettles for that price regardless of the material.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I grabbed it. I'm just going to boil water with it, one of the reviews said it was 4" diameter by 5" tall, which will hold my Trangia burner and the Westwind stand for it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the Snowpeak instead.. It's graduated so you know how much water you are boiling (important for some foods like Mountain House) and will fit a can of Magic Heat, an alcohol Stove, and a bunch of trioxane fire starters.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Just looks like a SnowPeak knock-off to me. Not a bad price.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody used this? Picked one up today on Steep and Cheap for $20, but I can't find any opinions on it...

awesome score...i have a couple MSR and Snowpeaks and love Ti cookware....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top