Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2017 9:12:19 PM EDT
I remember many here bought them a couple years back.  Are y'all still happy with yours?  Am considering one when/if they do another 50% off sale.  Want to run a yamaha (non-inverter type) on natural gas from a NG bbq grill type stub.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy I run a Honda Europe 2000
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Still working.  No issues.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Still works as good as the day I installed a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all, I placed my order today.  Their customer service is great
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks all, I placed my order today.  Their customer service is great
View Quote
I had issues with the first two they sent me. Faulty design. They took care of me and I have no complaints. Good company.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one but I've not installed it yet because I don't have a NG line.

I'm a little confused by exactly what size line to put in and where to have it plumbed. I have a meter regulator that feeds another regulator in my basement that feeds a distribution manifold which connects to my various appliances. I had a plumber come out and look at it and he asked me all kinds of questions about BTU's for the generator and just overall confused the shit out of me so I aborted the project until I could figure out what I really needed. Do I connect the generator line to the distribution manifold or somewhere else?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have one but I've not installed it yet because I don't have a NG line.

I'm a little confused by exactly what size line to put in and where to have it plumbed. I have a meter regulator that feeds another regulator in my basement that feeds a distribution manifold which connects to my various appliances. I had a plumber come out and look at it and he asked me all kinds of questions about BTU's for the generator and just overall confused the shit out of me so I aborted the project until I could figure out what I really needed. Do I connect the generator line to the distribution manifold or somewhere else?
View Quote
In regards to NG:  They have a chart that shows you how many feet of what diameter pipe you can get away with.  They told me it's a general guideline, nothing concrete.  The diameter & linear distance of the NG line (from the meter) will determine the throughput capacity.  The other factor was how many BTUs do you have left by the time that pipe gets there.  You need 10,000 BTUs per 1 HP, so a 10 HP generator needs access to 100,000 BTUs of gas.  If you main is providing 120,000 BTUs but you have appliances siphoning off stuff between the meter and the generator you may have less than 100,000 BTU available by the time the gas gets there.

Chart for line diameter & distance for different generator sizes:  http://www.motorsnorkel.com/installation-pipe-sizing?___SID=U

Attachment Attached File

My >1 inch pipe runs for the first 60 feet and then splits down to a 3/4 inch pipe for the rest of the run. I estimate my run will be about 120 feet. I have a EF5200 generator so I'd come up short if it were 3/4 the entire way. I'm hoping the fact that the first half of the run is a bigger pipe will get me over the finish line.  Won't know till I hook it up and try it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Edit. Double Post
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In regards to NG:  They have a chart that shows you how many feet of what diameter pipe you can get away with.  They told me it's a general guideline, nothing concrete.  The diameter & linear distance of the NG line (from the meter) will determine the throughput capacity.  The other factor was how many BTUs do you have left by the time that pipe gets there.  You need 10,000 BTUs per 1 HP, so a 10 HP generator needs access to 100,000 BTUs of gas.  If you main is providing 120,000 BTUs but you have appliances siphoning off stuff between the meter and the generator you may have less than 100,000 BTU available by the time the gas gets there.

Chart for line diameter & distance for different generator sizes:  http://www.motorsnorkel.com/installation-pipe-sizing?___SID=U

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/44277/Screen-Shot-2017-06-05-at-5-223896.JPG

My >1 inch pipe runs for the first 60 feet and then splits down to a 3/4 inch pipe for the rest of the run. I estimate my run will be about 120 feet. I have a EF5200 generator so I'd come up short if it were 3/4 the entire way. I'm hoping the fact that the first half of the run is a bigger pipe will get me over the finish line.  Won't know till I hook it up and try it.
View Quote
Let me look this over. I may follow up with more questions. Thanks for the description. Sounds like I might play it safe with a 1" line. The real question is to I take it before or after the regulated distribution manifold in the basement. I'm running a small generator but I want to overbuild in case I ever go bigger.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Installed my motor snorkel kit today and and it fired up on propane on the 3rd pull.  Followed the setup instructions and it ran great without further adjustments.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2 years old and works great. i will say getting mine tuned for NG and Propane was a major PIA. i finally got it set but getting there took me a few months or playing with it.
View Quote
Did you have to adjust to go from propane to NG?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top