Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 1:02:02 AM EDT
So a co-worker and I were talking he is a like minded and the topic came up about the Gov taking our weapons. I talked about how that there would be a fight and that American people would not allow it with out fight!

My co-worker said something to me that I have thought of but never thought of as a way to fight! That is this look at the last few hurricanes we have not even man made. Look how the people just after a few days were dumpster diving for food! Not hard to fight or take weapons away from a man/woman who has not eaten in two weeks or more right?

So how can the Gov stop us from fighting? Well they can disrupt the food supply into your area or make the cost of the food so much you can't afford to buy the goods. I think they will do both make food come in to areas as little as they can then charge $20 for one pound of rice or beans!

Well this made me think ya we can hunt but every other guy with a rifle will be thinking the same thing and really people after a few weeks with no or only a small amount of food as your hunting come across no game in weeks and see a human walking. Well we are meat and we know people have done it in the past to survive!

I have been re-thinking how I spend my money in the past most of it has gone to other items like ammo, weapons, reloading gear and other things. I have a deep freezer stocked with meat and other items like beans and rice around the house but that is not enough!

Ok a few years ago I bought a lot of bulk items sugar,beans,powder milk, rice, wheat berries, oats and other items. At the time wife and I were a one income family I was not working and used my money I was given for unemployment on food items. Well I got a job and moved 1,800 miles the shippers would not take my dry goods in buckets and left them at my house. I did not care because of the money myself and the wife were making! My sister in law is using the food now I hope. Yep I have been making a good living this past year and forgot about "Why we prep!" Got use to the life were I could go out and just buy what I wanted day to day! Money will do this to you!!!!

I worked 12+ hours 6 days a week for a month had some money left over and spent it on the best thing! Sad thing is if I got this money before Dec 14th I would have bought $500 in mags but I did not get it until a week later after all the mags were sold out. Yes I could still use some mags for my new AK and always for my AR but it can wait.

I spent the money on bulk food most bought from Sam's Club online wheat, rice and other items in buckets sealed for less then you get them at Honeyville grain. Bought what I feel is enough food to last us for sometime I did buy some items that are not survival but comfort items like cookie mix and brownies mix in #10 tins I got 6 tins of each for under $30 per 6 tins. I also picked up some of the meals like Beef stroganoff and Southwest chili might try some more if these are good they had a lot of Asian meals that I love but the rest of the family does not like.

I'm looking to do reviews of the Augason Farms meals that I bought and give a kids point of view from 6 to 12 years old and an adults. I'm not picky so my review would be given by someone who thought that after a week of no food MRE's were God sent and the same for MH meals after eating MRE's for more then a month. My kids are picky my daughter told a guy who is a 5 time BBQ champion that his smoked food sucked because he used hickory not mesquite wood and that he needed good BBQ sauce because he could not smoke the food so that it would not need it like how here Daddy can! She was 7 years old at the time an was raised on Texas type smoked food! Yes she makes a Dad proud!!

I just wanted to throw this out there as there are people going into new jobs or maybe that raise is coming in that will boost you? Don't forget your past like I did! Photos and reviews of items I bought soon as they are coming in Friday! Look at the Sams site there are a lot of good items there and the Morning Moo milk is the best tasting milk and they have it at the best price I have found so far!

If you know of any good bulk or stock up deals please post! I'm sure we all could find a new place that is cheaper or a new place that we have never heard of that might have what we are looking for! Would be nice to have a tacked post on were to buy survival or emergency food!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Been discussed, someone posted a link to what happened in what I believe was the Ukraine in the 1930s? The mass population was starved to death, some say it was the economy some say it was systematic.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been figuring on the goverment controlling the food sources in a emegency. What better way to control the public, look how well people conform and fall in line after a big storm. The general public start lining up waiting to be fed, how sad
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Like has been stated, history is full of this kind of action, but it's a double edged sword.  Just like turning off electricity and water, that's a wide brush that turns bystanders into partisans. When it was used before it was part of a genocide action, where they wanted to cleanse an entire area. I don't see how that would be an objective.

That type of action has more affect then just those people.  Think about police and military units across the country and the effect that would have on participation rates. They would have to cut comms in support to keep news coming out.

It's possible, been done before, but I think that would be a last act of desperation with a fairly low chance of success..
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#5]

TL;DR.....way too many !'s.... Take a deep breath OP.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I am looking at resources on how to grow my own food. I am going to begin experimenting with growing food in containers, shortly. You might want to consider doing the same. That is the only way to REALLY be secure. The .gov has introduced terminator seeds so the seeds produced by the crops cannot be used the following year and farmers would have to buy more seed from the .gov. Now, why would they want a monopoly on what food is grown?

I used to think some of my friends had their tinfoil wrapped a little too tight, but after seeing some news articles that one printed out and doing reseach on my own, I am starting to think paranoia is a little underrated
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

TL;DR.....way too many !'s.... Take a deep breath OP.

Are you trying to say this can't happen? No flame no disrespect I'd like to hear what you have to say because you learn things from people and maybe something I passed up.

I just look at this assault gun ban that they are trying to pass that has a $200 tax on all grandfathered assault weapon's that you must take in give your name and address and get finger printed so you can keep it. Now this does not go for your evil black rifle but your semi auto handguns, shotguns pump and semi auto also I have been told this goes for any rifle that was one used on a battle field. So that Mauser 98K or Mosin you have that sport 1903 Springfield that is nothing more then a deer rifle is covered in that it might even cover your lever action rifles and old wheel guns!

I do not put anything past the Gov been working for them for over 8 years and seen what they do to people and have seen what they are trying to do to this country. I put nothing past them!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Look on your keyboard, find these keys, and learn to use them.  Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't worry yourself about the opinions of people that post TL:DR, Tayous1.

That is the mark of willful ignorance at worst, and unwillingness to respectfully consider the perspectives of others at best.

You're right to fear the government manipulation of the food supply and the value of the dollar. Thankfully you live in a state thhat produces so much food it could easily feed its own populace. Depending on where in ND you are living you can find land for dirt cheap, and strive for self sustaining independent living.  Homesteading and growing as much of your own food as possible.

I'm not looking to say here I live and work or a reservation! What to see what the democrats want us to be like come on a reservation look around! Everyone here waits to there EBT's get filled at that time of the month they want Gov to fix it all and be for them right there and now with there free stuff! Home, food, money, heat, education and so much more. I live and see this everyday as a police officer I see people get $50K from the Gov and by a month they have ran out of money! I see people who can buy $800 bottles of booze but are homeless.

I'm looking to leave this area I think ND and very much so SD near the Black hills is some of the prettiest country out there and would stay around here but the jobs don't pay much and always looking to move back south to Texas one day when I can. These people don't bother me on here at all because I know most would not have the balls to say anything to me face to face and the ones that do we would be friends!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top