Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2011 10:04:06 AM EDT

Probably a dupe, but this picture really makes me think about survival. Especially one little bit of the picture. A true SHTF picture.

Yes, I was watching the History Channel today.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
what picture?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Not seeing anything–– not even a red X.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
FIFY

Quoted:
Probably a dupe, but this picture really makes me think about glasses.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.hispanicmpr.com/images/20084/hmprstranded3.jpg

Probably a dupe, but this picture really makes me think about survival. Especially one little bit of the picture. A true SHTF picture.

Interesting.  If you copy/paste the URL into your browser, no problem.  You try to link to it, though, and you get a 404 error.  Try just pasting http://www.hispanicmpr.com/images/20084/hmprstranded3.jpg.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

F(tinypic.comed)IFY

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Its working for me and I see it.

Ay apologies, I will work on it and try to fix it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Always carry Tabasco!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Always carry Tabasco!

And Friends!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like we solved the missing image problem.

some sites don't like hot linking
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Always carry Tabasco!

And Friends!

would you rather eat a friend or a stranger?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Is that a SPINE on the right side????
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the red X supposed to be a target on my back or what? If it is a target then I better watch the fuck out. Or could it be one of those X marks the spot where I will find a treasure of gold??? I really like the later.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

yeah  I think I'd rather die. Some things aren't worth living through and you gotta die sometime.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah  I think I'd rather die. Some things aren't worth living through and you gotta die sometime.

C'mon man!
He's still got his buddy's back!

Only sucks if YOU are the one that gets eaten.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The movie "Alive" about a soccer team that crashed. I liked the movie.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd rather die.

I would be the first in line to head down the mountain for help, and I wouldn't wait too long to do it either. I'd rather do that and possibly die trying to save the others than to lie around and wait until the others started smacking their lips when they look at me. If I died while trying to get help, then so be it. If I succeed then I am a hero. Win all around.

I was also pondering the whole cannabalism thing a couple days ago. I was thinking how BAD human flesh would be for us. Think about the primitives that eat each other. They are eating other people who have never smoked or taken drugs of any kind. Their flesh is reasonable pure. I'm not sure I'd risk eating the flesh of a modern man who's chock full of the crap we eat, not to mention prescription drugs and possibly illicit drugs. Nasty business. I think I'll leave the long pig to the guy pushing the wheelbarrow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:58:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

F(tinypic.comed)IFY

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2lk2vfb.jpg

"see fernado,,if i massage here for a bit, it makes him calm..then it will be as tender as a fillet yes...so..you should do the same to Alfredo......"

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The movie "Alive" about a soccer team that crashed. I liked the movie.

Its actually a Rubgy team, not soccer. The difference seems minor but the difference is significant in terms of how they handled problems as a group. Soccer players, especially in south America, are very individualistic, everyone wants to be Lionel Messi down here. Rugby on the other hand, its the second most popular team sport but its very different regarding the importance of team, companionship, leadership, etc. Their team spirit saved them from fallling appart as a group.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Those people made some mistakes and they had a rough time, but they survived and that's what's important. There was division among them, but probably much less than there would have been between strangers.

They could have done a lot worse!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#21]
The guy smiling next to the cleanly picked human spine is what fascinates me!

You gotta do what you gotta do!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#22]
If you liked the Alive story you might want to check out a documentary called "Stranded"  It's interviews with the surviving members and they actually went back to the scene of the crash for the first time. Good watching.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Those people made some mistakes and they had a rough time, but they survived and that's what's important. There was division among them, but probably much less than there would have been between strangers.

They could have done a lot worse!

I would not call that "mistakes" I would call it living. The people that live are usually the ones willing to do stuff that the ones that died didn't.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Any of you saying you won't eat have never been hungry. I'm not talking about "oh my stomach hurts lets stop by Burger King". I'm talking about starvation. You'll eat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any of you saying you won't eat have never been hungry. I'm not talking about "oh my stomach hurts lets stop by Burger King". I'm talking about starvation. You'll eat.
This.  Once your hard-wired natural drive to live kicks in, all bets are off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#26]
It was the insistence that they were in Chile that probably caused most of the problem.  If then had only continued downhill, instead of West, I have to think their situation would have been dramatically different.  

There were no crevasses to the East [down hill], just seasonal snow.  I can only imagine what lay to the West.  I've read that they crossed over 15,000 while heading West, so I'm going to assume that the terrain was pretty tough with probable crevasses.

Heading East, they would have had problems with population density, or lack thereof, but I have to think that any descent from altitude would have improved their situation and morale remarkably.  

But, talk is easy until you've been there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#27]
buuuuuut then your friends will eat you.....

Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top