Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 8:27:37 PM EDT
For some reason i cannot find the threads i saved about it.

My girls love the chocolate but one only likes the regular.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The times I've used it I only mix 1/2 gallon at once and it gets used within a day.

I've found that adding 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavoring to it makes it a lot more palatable.  My daughter actually likes it better than the chocolate flavored Moo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The times I've used it I only mix 1/2 gallon at once and it gets used within a day.

I've found that adding 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavoring to it makes it a lot more palatable.  My daughter actually likes it better than the chocolate flavored Moo.

Thanks will give the vanilla a try.

Been 3.5 days on the gallon but it's almost gone.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What is 'Morning Moo'?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is 'Morning Moo'?

milk....well....dry milk mix....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you want to get the viscosity right....we found that 1 tbsp of vanilla pudding mix (per gal).....gives it that slick feel....and helps flavor it a bit....my kids will drink a gallon in a couple days....easy...
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
shelf life?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
shelf life?

Depends on the shelf.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
We found the more vanilla extract you use the longer it keeps. We get about 5 days in a 2 liter lemon-lime soda bottle on the top shelf. Also, don't use a plastic bottle that had any lemon juice in it. I used a bottle that had home made lemonade in it (1 cup lemon juice+3/4 cup Altern to 1 gal. water) and it would go bad in 2 days. I guess some of the lemon stayed in the plastic.

We switched to Honeyville's milk alternative. It tastes a little better and is cheaper. If you live near one of their stores, the "milk" is a good bit cheaper than shipping it.  http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/milksubstitute25lb.aspx   Looks like the price went up $5 since I ordered some last month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top