Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2011 11:06:41 AM EDT
I had lunch with my dad today.  There is a large warehouse storage facility just outside of Alexandria, MN.  Every Monday my dad drives by it on his errands.  February 28th he spotted semi truck pulling into the warehouse facility with FEMA on the outside of it.  He asked me what they would be doing there.  I thought it was probably pre-staging supplies for upcoming flood season.  Record floods expected in Grand Forks and Minnesota river region.  Just a heads up.   Sorry no MS paint diagram.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Save the MS paint for GD, we're a bit smarter over here so no need...
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I had lunch with my dad today.  There is a large warehouse storage facility just outside of Alexandria, MN.  Every Monday my dad drives by it on his errands.  February 28th he spotted semi truck pulling into the warehouse facility with FEMA on the outside of it.  He asked me what they would be doing there.  I thought it was probably pre-staging supplies for upcoming flood season.  Record floods expected in Grand Forks and Minnesota river region.  Just a heads up.   Sorry no MS paint diagram.

Yep. Teh flood is commin'. I wouldn't be surprised if they set up in the parking lot of the old Walmart in Dillworth like they usually do, either.

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I moved to the red river valley and learned how to sandbag quick. It sucks, hope it doesn't flood as bad this year.:) need permenant flood protection.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I moved to the red river valley and learned how to sandbag quick. It sucks, hope it doesn't flood as bad this year.:) need permenant flood protection.

I see a lot of HESCO barriers used overseas for blast mitigation, but I think that they would be a good solution for flood protection as well. They are much quicker to setup then filling sandbags.

http://www.hesco.com/US_CIVIL/waterways.html

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a lot of HESCO barriers used overseas for blast mitigation, but I think that they would be a good solution for flood protection as well. They are much quicker to setup then filling sandbags.

http://www.hesco.com/US_CIVIL/waterways.html

They've been using them for floods up here for a year or two.

Link Posted: 3/7/2011 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe that's where the $2 billion in freeze dried food is.    Keep watching.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Save the MS paint for GD, we're a bit smarter over here so no need...

Most of us anyway.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Best of luck for you fellas up north, I will pray that it doesn't flood this year...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
More trucks unloading 3-14 for those keeping score.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top