Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 4:01:33 PM EDT
Daughter moved out 2 years ago with her boyfriend and had a job as a medical assistant.

She just lost her job.   Thankfully she was at the end of her apartment lease so that won't be an issue.  

She is coming home to papa.  This is good and bad.  The food pantry plus guns and ammo storage was in her room just off the kitchen.  

Gun safe, ammo, and pantry back to the garage.  

My son and I just finished and I finally had a chance to count the number of ammo boxes per caliber.  

As some of you may remember I was teaching a CCW class for 100 rounds of ammo per student.

It built up rather fast over the 2 years or so and I just kept buying ammo cans to put it in and stacking them.  

Total:

(84) 30 cal. ammo cans covering (9) different calibers, mostly .223 and 9mm.  (My personal fav's)
(9) 50 cal. ammo cans. (All .223)
(2) 50 cal ammo cans of misc ammo.  

** This does not include what she brought back with her, of course !    

I just did not realize how much this had built up.  I'm guessing I have enough for an ammo fort !  

It also gave us a chance to re-check and restock the pantry and insure everything was being rotated as planned.

And yes, our primary weapons and ammo in still in the house for personal defense.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Well now I want an ammo fort!

Another plus is that you don't have to worry about where your little girl is when SHTF
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well now I want an ammo fort!

Another plus is that you don't have to worry about where your little girl is when SHTF

Yes, one of the good points, she can shoot and put eyes on the target.  

By the way, I was not looking to make an ammo fort, but i guess that is what I got.  

Oh, my aching back confirms that.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
And to think this Obamacare was to help those with medical needs......   I have heard about more layoffs since the legislation than I had the past couple years in the medical fields.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Where is her boyfriend?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where is her boyfriend?

He lost his job earlier this year and with hers gone it was too much.

She is coming home, he is staying with his brother.   They are still seeing each other, but it will be tough.

Our daughter just got another job this week, thank goodness.   He just got another one too.  :)

All of their prepping & skills came in handy for the last couple of months.

I think they can make another go of it, but it will take some time and money back into savings.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Military is always looking for people!! But I guess people are looking for the easy way out! Going back to Mom and Dad!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Infantry is always looking for people!! But I guess people are looking for the easy way out! Going back to Mom and Dad!!!

Fixed it

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Taft I'm looking into building up my "meager" ammo fort.  Care to ship some of your ammo cans to me ?  

Glad to hear your girl has landed another job and her bf too.  At this day and age I tell my girl when she complains about her part time job I tell her be thankful at least you have a source of income.  She's going to college full time and working part time.  She's planning to join the military when she finishes college.  I told her if she likes it then go the full 20 years and retire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top