Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:13:26 AM EDT
I am giving a persuasive speech for school on being prepared for emergency/natural disaster. To help guage where they are as far as preps go, I need to conduct a survey of the class. It will be no more than 5 questions. Four Yes or no questions and one open answer question. What do you suggest I ask them?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Start with the simple stuff

Lots of folks did not know how to get out of the World Trade Center if it were on fire.  Guess What The dude that fire drilled his office got them all out.

Do you know how to get out in the event of a fire?

Do you know the earthquake, tornado, and/or flood safe areas near you?

Do you know what will not function if the utilities were cut to the school or your home?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
who is the audience? age groups?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#4]
what will you do if the power goes out and is out for the next 5 days ?

Do you have enough food in your house to eat for 5 days ?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]
open ended question must be: "what is your zombie plan?"
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
who is the audience? age groups?

18-35 year olds. A mix of kids straight out of high school and a few older folks. 3 prior military including myself.

Quoted:
A good basis for any question and answer session or lecture on about any survival topic is the "Rules of 3".

Without an understanding of the "Rules of 3", you may be able to get people into the boat but they will lack a rudder to steer it.

Tj

You got me Tj. What is the "Rules of 3"?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
something to do with having a fire extinguisher, a gun, and preps.

being prepared means having a smoke detector

same with a gun

good luck

if you can save just one child......  lol
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top