Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2009 4:24:01 PM EDT

I went to the Swiss Army vehicle website and placed an order for a couple of the gas cans last week, website showing in stock.  Ofcourse my typical luck kicked in with an email saying "sorry..we are sold out npw, check back in November"  and the website was updated.

Any other decent place I can look at and order some tonight without paying $50 or more per can?
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
www.mainemilitary.com

They had them in stock a couple of days ago, but they are the wide mouth versions if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I went to the Swiss Army vehicle website and placed an order for a couple of the gas cans last week, website showing in stock.  Ofcourse my typical luck kicked in with an email saying "sorry..we are sold out npw, check back in November"  and the website was updated.

Any other decent place I can look at and order some tonight without paying $50 or more per can?

Ditto, exact same experience
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
this guy has them. email him at:

[email protected]

He is in NOVA and sells Nato water jugs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Expedition Exchange was the only place I found that has pre-carb NATO cans. More than once did I believe I had my cans, only to be denied.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/wedco/

I got the 4 pack combo special, 3 Petrol / 1 Water and 2 spouts - total with shipping was about 235. No more red spouts, so get a blue one and paint it red. Now I need to figure out how to get them mounted to my Jeep.
Link Posted: 8/30/2009 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
www.mainemilitary.com

They had them in stock a couple of days ago, but they are the wide mouth versions if that makes a difference.

I ordered some of these.

The insides looked good, some rust on outside..not that bad.  Watch the rubber gaskets.  I had a few that were dry-rotted.  I ordered some rubber sheet and cut some new gaskets.  No big deal but just expect a few bad ones.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#6]
What about these?? LINK

Quarterbore posted this link in another post... They also carry new gaskets and nozzles... Run $31.75 each if you buy 4 with free shipping..I was gonna buy some but instead am ordering a tri-fuel conversion for the genny..
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What about these?? LINK

Quarterbore posted this link in another post... They also carry new gaskets and nozzles... Run $31.75 each if you buy 4 with free shipping..I was gonna buy some but instead am ordering a tri-fuel conversion for the genny..

These are awsome cans!  I painted six of mine red (DOT rules) and I need to get them filled but these were new cans with new linning.  Just don't buy them all on me as I hope to buy four more if they still have some when I get some more money together (I have 8 now).

Link Posted: 8/31/2009 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What about these?? LINK

I just ordered a set as I've been looking and having a hard time finding these type here in Texas. I will probably also have the outside lower 1/4 covered in a polyurathane bedliner to make them last even longer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the link... and thanks Quarterbore for the original post.

Got the 4-pack special ordered, and a confirmation email within 30 minutes.  I'll post up when they arrive, might be a week or so.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about these?? LINK

Got them in today.... absolutly perfect and amazing.   Company is out of Nevada and it got here in 4 days.  HIGHLY recommended

Edit to add :  Ask for Julie if ya got any questions.  loved her emails

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered 4 myself....i did my order over the phone and she told me they bought a container full of these....4000 cans!! So thats how they can offer free shipping, im sure they got a nice bulk discount from the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice to know, I don't really think I need more...

I have 8 of these 20l cans, 2 new 20l Wedco, 2 new 10l Wedco, and I got my four 20l Scepter cans today...  That is enough Nato cans to hold 75-gallons of gas!

The Scepter cans I got used off EBAY were really nice too so I am debating now if I would like four more Scepters to go with the Steel cans but honestly, I do have all he fuel cans I need as I still have about 10 of my various cheap (junk) plastic cans from the past.  If anybody is interested in good used scepters, check out this seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/auntboo82/

They are used, one of the four had some minor cross threading of the internal threads and all have minor scratches and finish issues but they are great cans for the price.  Now I am planning to use two of my Jerry cans with gas and put the rest in reserve and use the four Scepters (That is six full 5gal Nato cans) plus I always use my Eagle 5gal Safety can for the lawn mower so I will have 35-gallons of gas on hand.

I just need to stop buying gas cans now, although I could use a couple cans for Kerosene  I think I will be painting a couple of the German Jerry cans blue and use those to store 10-gal of Kerosene but that does reduce my gas supply accordingly.  Yea, I want to buy four more of the Scepters
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What about these?? LINK

I just ordered one of their German nozzles. They leak a little and they're not vented so they pour slow. They do have a mesh screen and will fit in your unleaded tank neck, though.

I ordered 3 cans from Swiss Army Vehicles. Paint is worn, of course, but the inside coating looks good and they're fairly dent-free. Can't beat 'em for $15 each. I think shipping was $26 from AR to GA
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]
The gal I talked to said they had "Thousands"  What ever that means, The spouts are on back order, but said they were a coming.

Thanks for the heads up.  AR15 is GREAT.

I just saved my team membership amd more to these deals!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about these?? LINK

These are awsome cans!  I painted six of mine red (DOT rules) and I need to get them filled but these were new cans with new linning.  Just don't buy them all on me as I hope to buy four more if they still have some when I get some more money together (I have 8 now).

I'm on the fence about ordering some of these,do you feel the construction of the cans are on par with the wedco's?If they are"close" to wedco's then I'm all in!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nice to know, I don't really think I need more...

I have 8 of these 20l cans, 2 new 20l Wedco, 2 new 10l Wedco, and I got my four 20l Scepter cans today...  That is enough Nato cans to hold 75-gallons of gas!

The Scepter cans I got used off EBAY were really nice too so I am debating now if I would like four more Scepters to go with the Steel cans but honestly, I do have all he fuel cans I need as I still have about 10 of my various cheap (junk) plastic cans from the past.  If anybody is interested in good used scepters, check out this seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/auntboo82/

They are used, one of the four had some minor cross threading of the internal threads and all have minor scratches and finish issues but they are great cans for the price.  Now I am planning to use two of my Jerry cans with gas and put the rest in reserve and use the four Scepters (That is six full 5gal Nato cans) plus I always use my Eagle 5gal Safety can for the lawn mower so I will have 35-gallons of gas on hand.

I just need to stop buying gas cans now, although I could use a couple cans for Kerosene  I think I will be painting a couple of the German Jerry cans blue and use those to store 10-gal of Kerosene but that does reduce my gas supply accordingly.  Yea, I want to buy four more of the Scepters

I just painted two blue yesterday. FYI buy a can of degreaser and spray them down, wash with soapy water to get all the oily residue off. I used rustolium rusty metal primer and krylon blue. 1 can of each did two cans. the krylon is more expensive than walmart brand but covers sooooooo much better and is worth the difference
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What about these?? LINK

I just ordered four of them... Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What about these?? LINK

well I ordered 4 of these and they just arrived.........new and nice......only thing is they are lined differently than the plastic like coating on all my other ones. web page says its enameled and good for gas or diesel. these are marked with a yellow nozzle for diesel. anyone familiar with this lining ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Does that nozzle fit the Wedco can ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#22]
I also just rec'd my four cans.  They look well made and reliable.  Off to fill them up to add to the preps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top