User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/5/2009 2:05:06 PM EDT
It's time to make your plans.
Be their of be square............
Info to come....

It is in the vicinity of Broken Bow, OK. Exact directions will be IM'd. Hope you can make it.

This place has no fee's etc free primitive camping......

Standard rules apply
1.If you have illegal shit don’t bring it …….
2.Be prepared
3.Have fun

I'll start sending them soon if you don't get them email me....... and i'll get them out

If you have directions and need help or think you may please call me before thursday night............ i have a new phone and i don't know how well it's going to work in that area.
If i know your coming i'll be looking for you and go someplace where i have cell reception ......... if i don't know i won't be looking and i won't be looking for cell service.

Ask Rougetoad and Sassycat what happens when you don't make contact........and ask Norm what happens when you don't follow directions and try to employ your own ninja navigating abiliteis
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Expect bad weather and a good time
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
So pretty much like last year??

I'll be there. BTW, where is there?

Toad
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If my schedule allows and the river don't rise. Are we going prone in the mud again
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Toad

Bunker.... so it won't cost anything

Hopefully i'll have your targets finished by then

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If my schedule allows and the river don't rise. Are we going prone in the mud again

I'm not wrestling anyone whne they show up this year i'm getting to old my hands actually got cold today

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
If this is the SWT reunion, I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Toad

Bunker.... so it won't cost anything

Hopefully i'll have your targets finished by then

Where is Bunker?

Yea, yea.... Too hot in the summer and now its probably too cold Don't worry about them if you don't have time. It will be good just to see yall again.

Toad
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Here!

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Info to come....

At least a 3 star with room service available at 0100 hours to get me out of my nice and warm cave.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh the Bunker! Great spot for camping. As long as that monster that chased Halffast away from that pond isn't there!

Toad
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Info to come....

At least a 3 star with room service available at 0100 hours to get me out of my nice and warm cave.

I reckon it's probably best if you stay in the cave then hu

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Bump for the morning crowd.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#13]
where is the Bunker fer us up north?? i.e. from abiline
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
where is the Bunker fer us up north?? i.e. from abiline

It is in the vicinity of Broken Bow, OK.  Exact directions will be IM'd.  Hope you can make it.

ETA - A quick check of mapquest shows it's almost 100 miles closer for you than it is for me.  Lucky dog!

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Halfast, nice folder!

Acman, is that the best Ninja pose you got?

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish I could make one of these, someday
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Halfast, nice folder!

Acman, is that the best Ninja pose you got?

Dude the first rule of ninja club is don't talk about ninja club the second rule is don't talk about ninja club......

Besides it's almost imposible to look bad ass without sugar sand in the picture

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#18]
If I get back to TX from DC by then put me down I need to go see my mom in Spiro any who. Hope like hell to make it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If I get back to TX from DC by then put me down I need to go see my mom in Spiro any who. Hope like hell to make it.

Let me know if you need a ride.

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#20]
well, you know we'll try to make it, but if it's like it was last year...  well, let's just say, "I'm NOT hardass 8."  

::crossing fingers that the weather holds out since we have our new little pocket rocket cooker to try out::

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
well, you know we'll try to make it, but if it's like it was last year...  well, let's just say, "I'm NOT hardass 8."  

::crossing fingers that the weather holds out since we have our new little pocket rocket cooker to try out::

Aww hell, it wasn't that bad! Plus ACMAN has this big ass tarp to stand under when it rains. Hope yall can make it.

Toad

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww hell, it wasn't that bad! Plus ACMAN has this big ass tarp to stand under when it rains. Hope yall can make it.

Toad

Don't tell her that!  She thinks that we are some kind of super men.  Really, donne3, it was horrible.  The floor of my tent leaked and when I was turning on the propane heater before climbing into my cot, my socks got wet!  I mean, I had to sleep in the mud with only a GI poncho to keep me warm while the rain pounded me and the wind beat me with unrelenting gusts while winter tried to squeeze me to death in its icy grip.  Only my relentless will to live and the ninja skills passed down to me from generations of masters allowed me to survive the inhuman conditions of that trip.

On a more serious note, I heard that the tarp didn't make it.  Three hardass campouts was all it had in it.  Maybe we should all pitch in for a new one.  Lord knows we'll probably need it.

David
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've kept my mouth shut as long as i can stand it.........

I'm not sure if i like hearing you say pocket rocket or rucksack more
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't tell her that!  She thinks that we are some kind of super men.  Really, donne3, it was horrible.  <snip>
David

I had to read that out loud to Greg!!  I can't stop laughing!!!  that was greatness...

Quoted:
I've kept my mouth shut as long as i can stand it.........

I'm not sure if i like hearing you say pocket rocket or rucksack more

that's why I said pocket rocket COOKER!!!    I KNEW someone would say that...  leave it to the "amusement park" man...  

ETA:  I may be bringing a friend, too, depending on how work's going that weekend...  her birthday's that weekend, and her ex will have her son, so if she doesn't have to work, she's coming with us.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#25]
HELLOOOOOOO  BOYS !!! YEP IT'S ME !! Count me in!! Toad told me the other night & I'm ready to go !! I'm ready for more ACMAN Chronicles !! Halffast I'm waiting for the new book you teased us with last campout.Can't wait to see yall again it's always a good time.Donne3 hope you can make it would love to see yall 2.(I'm back in Bedford if you want to go shopping for camping gear !!) Anyhoo see u boys soon !!!

Sassyfatcat

P.S. If a cow laughs does milk come out its nose ??

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#26]
BTW, are we going to try and do a hike to make up for the one that was canceled in the fall?

Toad
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Uhh, you geniuses do realize that is Valentines day and weekend right?

Omni
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Omni

we'll be with the ones we love.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Omni

You do realize you loose your mancard for even knowing that

Besides if you treat your woman right she thinks everyday is valentines day
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
BTW, are we going to try and do a hike to make up for the one that was canceled in the fall?

Toad

Hike i think is planing for easter.......
ETA but if you wana hike i aint going to stop ya i'll give you grid cordinates to the nearest diet coke it'd be like a geocaching  

Link Posted: 1/11/2009 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Are there any penalties for bringing a like new Taurus Mod. 94 .22LR revolver?
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

the only gun I make fun of is the one that doesn't allow the shooter to hit the target.    

but you MAY face a LITTLE good-natured teasing...  read the ACMan's description under "Team Member."  
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll bring the rope.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not unless you want to hear AC constantly telling you that taurus sucks! But, that is up to you....

Toad
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Toad

Hike i think is planing for easter.......
ETA but if you wana hike i aint going to stop ya i'll give you grid cordinates to the nearest diet coke it'd be like a geocaching  

Well, that is about 10 feet in three direction's. Your cooler, Halffast's cooler, or SFC's cooler And that is not geocaching, that is called bringing a cooler of diet coke!!!  I don't need a GPS to find those. I will probably stumble over them at least ten times on the trip!!!

Toad

Link Posted: 1/13/2009 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like fun. Wish I wasn't so far away. When I was growing up we used to go hunting in the Kiamichi Mtn's by Honobia. It was always a blast. Beautiful country. It does get cold as hell in the winter time there though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm interested (ie: want to go) but have got a lot going on right now so
I'm trying to get things cleared up–– I'm also looking to get a friend to go- it's a long drive from H-town.
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm interested (ie: want to go) but have got a lot going on right now so
I'm trying to get things cleared up–– I'm also looking to get a friend to go- it's a long drive from H-town.

Same with us, We are working on getting some people trained up so we can escape the the new business. It's looking pretty good though and we're definitely looking forward to it.

Link Posted: 1/14/2009 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm tentatively going!

Any idea what the activities will be? Will it be an ATV extravaganza like last year? Should I bring the KLR?

-M
Link Posted: 1/14/2009 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#40]
You can bring the KLR, but no atv anymore in Three Rivers WMA. Sucks A$$!!! I am not bringing one.

Toad
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#41]
so, dumb question, but we're for sure going up to Oklahoma-land?  I'm pretty much a sissy when it comes to cold, so I sure hope the weather gets better...  
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
so, dumb question, but we're for sure going up to Oklahoma-land?  I'm pretty much a sissy when it comes to cold, so I sure hope the weather gets better...  

You've got a pocket rocket that should keep you warm....... i tried to stop myself but i just couldn't

Besides i'm sure someone will know how to build a fire

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've got a pocket rocket that should keep you warm....... i tried to stop myself but i just couldn't

ROFL...  somehow, I knew...  and I asked anyway...  LOL...  

OK, cold won't keep us away...  

(I'll just have to make sure I pack my pocket rocket in my rucksack, along with my tactical britches...  )
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROFL...  somehow, I knew...  and I asked anyway...  LOL...  

OK, cold won't keep us away...  

(I'll just have to make sure I pack my pocket rocket in my rucksack, along with my tactical britches...  )

You know, somehow when you say Tactical Britches it has a different ring to it than when Acman says it.  And, if the Pocket Rocket doesn't keep you warm, I highly recommend a Buddy Heater.  OK, I'm going to stop now before I get myself in trouble.

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You know, somehow when you say Tactical Britches it has a different ring to it than when Acman says it.  And, if the Pocket Rocket doesn't keep you warm, I highly recommend a Buddy Heater.  OK, I'm going to stop now before I get myself in trouble.

I love this bar place.    and I'm bringing my own Buddy Heater already.  I call him "Greg."  
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I hope your up to it bud. Look forward to it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm tentatively going!

Any idea what the activities will be? Will it be an ATV extravaganza like last year? Should I bring the KLR?

-M

Only if you promise to reconnoiter.

Link Posted: 1/20/2009 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#48]
This sounds like fun, and I go down near Broken Bow pretty often.. I'll likely be attending.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm thinking about cutting all my hair off this would most certainly bring on the traditional bad weather we might even get ice or snow
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about cutting all my hair off this would most certainly bring on the traditional bad weather we might even get ice or snow

Do it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top