Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 3:40:42 PM EDT
I got a solar oven for my birthday this year...and this is ony the second time I've used it.  I just put a domestic rabbit into my pot wrapped in triple smoked bacon.  I'm hoping in a few hours, I will have a tasty dinner.  I also made sweet potatoes in the other pot.  I'm not normally a sweet potato guy, but it's better for me then regular potatoes.

This is the solar oven that I went with because it comes with two pots and shipping was included in the price.  I've read the online reviews and for performance/cost, this seemed to be the best unit that fills my needs/wants.  I'm thinking about buying a second one, so I can cook 4 meals at one time.

http://www.solarovens.org/

Took some pictures.  The rabbit meat fell off the bones.  I cooked the rabbit since 10AM.

Sweet potatos with butter and Rosemary.

Since I haven't eaten rabbit in  years, I wanted to try it before I started raising meat rabbits next year.  This meal has convinced me to begin raising rabbits for meat.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
For some reason, after I saw the first pic, I thought you were going to show the rabbit jumping in!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet.
How long did you put that in the direct sunlight?
Construction of the box....wood, metal or plastic?
How hot do you think this thing gets inside?
Top Top