Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:43:07 PM EDT
I want to buy a wall tent to use for hunting.  It needs to sleep 2-4 people with space for one of the collapsible wood stoves.  It would need to have the cutout for the stove pipe.

I would like to have something that I could one day pass down to my boys.

does anyone have one?

can you share pics?

Many thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
And one of these if you can find one complete with the burner.
Yukon Stove
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Davis Tents, call them, discuss what you want, and spend lots of money on a high quality tent that will last you for life.

There are some pics of my tent in use in CO elk hunting HERE
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

GP Small
View Quote
This. The last time I priced them out, it was around $500.00 plus shipping.
They are heavy. I did not keep the links, sorry. Great tent. Slept in them a bunch
back in the 80's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the arctic or GP small, those things can be lived in for years. A TEMPERS is even nicer but they’re expensive. I’d go with the GP for the 2 doors and walls that can be rolled up. If the liner is available, get it, they add a lot of warmth and make the tent much brighter at night.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#7]
5 man Arctic tent is best used for 2 people for hunting, but is really just too small when sleeping on cots. The 10 man is better, and very warm with liner in place. I've had both, but now have a white canvas hunting type tent with steel frame. I purchased mine used. I bought Fitting to construct a steel frame out of steel EMT conduit. Stove jack, I believe should be on the top side of the tent. then you can guy out the stove pipe to prevent it blowing over. Wall tent from Montana Canvas I've heard were great. Get sod cloths, not for covering up with sod, but to cover side gaps on uneven ground. Get 5 foot sidewalls, and 12x14 is a good size. The GI barrel type stoves work great. I have used mine with liquid fuel - off road diesel. If you find some 20 gallon barrels the stove will burn for 3 continuous days. It also works with wood but is much better if you can find a source of lump coal. Tested and remained warm at 20 below.  I use a fly to keep the tent somewhat dry. Not to prevent leakage, but because drying out the tent is somewhat of a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
While not a canvas wall tent.  Arctic Ovens are pretty bomber and have quite a following up here and survive all types of harsh conditions.  They also make standard wall tents.  Alaskatent.com
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]
@ag04blast  that’s what I’m looking for.  It’s a little too big but elk hunting in CO is exactly what part of my planned use is.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@ag04blast  that’s what I’m looking for.  It’s a little too big but elk hunting in CO is exactly what part of my planned use is.
View Quote
Davis as well as other high quality tent makers, are just that, "tent makers".  They can do just about any size and configuration you want.  I highly recommend you call and chat with them.  They helped my hunting buddy and I decide on what to order and we havent regretted a day.  We have had our tent for about 8yrs or so now and it has been great.  Ours has screened windows in the back, a screen and storm door in the front, and the ability to be put up with cut logs rather than our poles (although we have never had the need).

I only wish I could hunt more.  Although I have used the tent in Sept in Texas, with a window AC unit in it to keep things cool.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I do too.  I'm hoping that one day, I can work a job that allows me time off during hunting season.

I'm thinking that I could use the tent for family outings as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Davis Tents, call them, discuss what you want, and spend lots of money on a high quality tent that will last you for life.

There are some pics of my tent in use in CO elk hunting HERE
View Quote
Tell me about your stove. I need something bigger for my command post be nice if it'd burn all night I hate waking up at 3am with no fire
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top