Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2018 10:24:05 PM EDT
Flyboys

Climbed this new route on 7/7. Pretty fun full day of climbing, this is my longest climb to date and pretty much the first 5.9 multi pitch I have done. The only other one being a 5.9 slab climb, Silent Running

Flyboys was a great way to get used to the grade with a variety of moves on generally good rock. The bolts are very generous and can be easily skipped to reduce rope drag. Only got video up to pitch 7 which is before the best pitches but still good climbing.
Climbing "Flyboys" Mazama, WA
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for YOU!

So.... you got the Jones huh!

I spent two 2 seasons of being a full time rock climbing bum in Yosemite, plus a bunch of alpine routes in the Sierra. To this day (in my 60's now) I will tell anyone this was the best time of my life.

The most enjoyable stuff was hitting some the 50 classic rock climbs of the Sierra that were a couple of grades below my ability. You can just be outside and enjoy the rock without twitching every lead.

Keep 'firing the way rad dead verts' - the memories last a lifetime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top