Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2018 4:58:54 PM EDT
https://www.hummingbird-guide.com/hummingbird-migration-spring-2018.html#migration-submission-form-2018

Greer SC had a sighting in January.  Unseasonably warm so I'm sure we will have more cold weather.
Thinking that if they started early migration it may be a good idea to put it out there.

Anyone else thinking this way?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to hang mine, but I think we're at least a month or two behind you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm putting mine up this weekend.  I don't think it will freeze again, so I don't think it will be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Snowing as I write this, 31F, we have Anna's humming birds all year.  During freezing weather I change out feeders frequently, I just rotate them from inside to out, etc.  Have dove and sparrows by the bird feeder in the snow looking for food.  Should clear up tommorrow only had around 2 inches of snow.

Edit:  Any ideas on how to keeping outside humming bird feeders from freezing?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My real concern is freezing I guess.
If they're around they'll want to eat n besides forsythias n daffodils there isn't much out there.

I can put it out n take it in if they're calling for real colds nights.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife keeps them out all year, and they get visited nonstop.  It was 28 last night and they didn't freeze, but when they do she rotates one inside to thaw and one from inside out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My hummingbirds will fly right up to me when I step out on the porch to let me know they are back.  That's when the feeders go out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top