Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 5:21:59 PM EDT
A few days ago, I posted here in remembrance of fallen comrades. Tonight I was given the sad news that another member of our unit passed. Our Lieutenant embodied the image of a marine. His sense of duty, honor, and loyalty to country and fellow marines set a standard few could uphold. He served in combat as a Force Recon platoon leader. He was decorated for bravery on more than one occassion. He was Chesty's kind of marine.  He led from the front.   After 40 years, there was still nothing he would not do for his platoon. A lifelong competitive swimmer, thoroughly robust, he collapsed and died after his afternoon swim. His oldest son is a marine attack helo pilot in Iraq.  He was only a lieutenant, but there will be several generals and at least one Commandant at the funeral, along with all of the surviving members of his platoon

I again raise a glass of fine whiskey in salute to another departed marine. And in all probablility I'll see the bottle well depleted as the evening passes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top