Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:15:41 PM EDT
.....Now the fact that they are designed for acu might answer my question considering we are all getting issued the uniforms, but iam wondering if these boots are ok to use in something like SF selection.

I might be answering my question considering they are supposed to be part of the uniform but i would hate to train with these boots then told in some schools or selections in the military that they are not allowed.

I will keep looking for info but anyones two cents will help. Thanks

here they are
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
As I recall, almost any boot was allowed in selection, but no black tennis shoes.  You had to have boots.  Some guys got away with wearing the old Adidas assault shoes.  I had modified jungles.  One guy wore jump boots.  He said they were his most comfortable pair of boots.  As for other such schools, and especially classroom settings, you may be restricted to authorized/issued footgear.  The tool in charge of the course will determine what students may wear, so if he's really anal retentive you will be wearing your issued boots.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Command dictated... Most of the time, the 'policies' are open to enough interpretation that one company CO might say 'ok' & another might call 'em contraband... OCS is like that for instance (i.e. one CO said jungle boots were off limits, another allowed anything 670-1 compliant, and another said issue or jungle boots, but no green jungle boots)....

It's amazing how much decisionmaking power is tossed to captains in the Army...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top