Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 5:00:28 PM EDT
I am looking for some sort of protective case that I can store my rack, DUI, name plate, etc. in when they are not on my Class A's.  Once I saw a guy who had a small case that was foam lined, he would just push the pin backs into the foam so they wouldn't move around and toss the pin backings under the foam. make sense? Anyway I'm having a hard time finding something similar using Google. I guess a small pistol case might work just as well....
I'm just curious what you guys do to store your stuff and keep it all from falling apart, getting scratched and generally protected.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'm lazy, I have two complete sets one for my A's and the other for my Blues.

I "store" them on the uniform jacket.

It keeps things simple
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I guess I'm lazy, I have two complete sets one for my A's and the other for my Blues.

I "store" them on the uniform jacket.

It keeps things simple

+1 here!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only ever taken mine off when the uniform goes for cleaning or to have patches sewn.  And for adding ribbons, changing DUI's etc.

Spares, and medals are just kept on a piece of cardboard.  You can get those little plastic boxes for a few dollars at most clothing sales.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Full medal set I have in a box...somewhere. Ribbons I keep on my dress blues or whites, depending on which ones I wore last. If I wern't so lazy I'd keep two ribbon racks so I wouldn't have to move them from blues to whites. That's one nice thing about the Navy, wearing dress uniforms is a real rare event.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I purchased a shadow box to mount them when we bought our house a few years ago.
Pics available
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Way back when I actually wore them, I just kept my medals on my dress whites. I had two of everything else mounted on whites and blues. The best money I spent was getting the medals mounted so they were always spaced right.

After retiring, I put them in a shadow box, which has been boxed for about 2 years now, time to get it out I think.

bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top