Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 6:39:12 AM EDT
Well.  I wasn't Sgt Pepper...

Truth be told, it was Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Cochran who bellowed, "Platoon 1085, DISMISSED!!"

I graduated from Boot Camp 20 years ago today.  

I hope I served well enough that the "Old Breed" would have been proud to serve with me.  I am happy to see that the "New Breed" is serving so well that I wish I was 18 again so I could serve with them.

"New Breed, Old Breed.  It doesn't make a damn bit of difference as long as it's Marine Breed"  -  Lt. Gen Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Semper Fi, my brother!

ETA:  15 years ago today I was finishing up first phase and getting ready for 1st Phase Drill, 1st Phase junk on the bunk and heading up to Camp P.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top