Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 10:36:51 AM EDT
I just completed a SWAT medic course (Level 1 of 3) and on our certification certificates, it had the 1* shield on it. I am familiar with it through working with the local SWAT team in the 90s. The way I understand it, Gary Paul Johnston came up with it and it just did what all simple great ideas do, it took off. Now I see Butch Ramik (Who is he?) as being credited with designing the 1* with a thin blue line in it. So, in effect, he took the designs of two other people, the thin blue line license plate and the 1*, and put them together and gets money from it? WOW. Am I missing something here?

I guess it is a little like the gem clip deal. The guy that designed the gem clip doesn't get near as much in royalties as the guy that designed the gem clip with ridges on it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Level I, working on getting into level II. Put on through National Association of Tactical Medics.

http://www.naotm.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top