Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 6:11:07 AM EDT
Does anyone have a curriculum for low light operations and building searches? We formally used our S.O. for training however We are doing the training ourselves. I was told to find some topics that would benefit our patrol section, of which 95% have less then Five years and hardly any training beyond the Post Academy..
Help?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a curriculum for low light operations and building searches? We formally used our S.O. for training however We are doing the training ourselves. I was told to find some topics that would benefit our patrol section, of which 95% have less then Five years and hardly any training beyond the Post Academy..
Help?

If you want to do it right....

Check out Strategos International.  They have an instructors course.  
This is something that needs to be done properly.  

The doctrine they teach was forged from lots of force on force, case studies and actual operations.

The instructors are SWAT, SEAL and former instructors for surefire institute.

I'm looking at their text book/student workbook as I type this.

A law Enforcement Officer's Guide to: The Strategies of Low-Light Engagements. by Ken J. Good.

Best of luck to you.  Stay safe.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If you join the www.ntoa.org they have this topic available as a downloadable lesson plan and powerpoint.  

Actually the archive training library is pretty extensive and covers tons of training topics / policies / procedures / you name it.  Well worth the price of admission.  Plus the forums over there being secure is a great resource to contact LEO's and exchange information.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what you call your Active Shooter response training--ALERRT, HIPS, whatever.  Anyway, those instructors are many times light/search trainers themselves.  It's a good starting point if you have nothing else.  Large departments should have connections to deliberate search trainers.

-josh
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't know what you call your Active Shooter response training--ALERRT, HIPS, whatever.  Anyway, those instructors are many times light/search trainers themselves.  It's a good starting point if you have nothing else.  Large departments should have connections to deliberate search trainers.

-josh

www.alerrt.com/index.cfm

ALERRT will come to you and teach you dept the most up to date active shooter/low light training. All your dept has to do is provide a building that the training can be conducted in i.e. old office building or school.  The best part is that 100% free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top